PDA

View Full Version : Worried myself

EmmaJane
03-05-15, 18:27
I know I shouldnt but I have been googling all day. I have high potassium of 6.1 and have been looking for worst case scenario. All my other bloods were fine and my kidneys. Ive now realised it could be addisons disease and have researched all that. My anxiety has been for about 25 years so im now thinking it must be addisons. Is this treatable? I have another blood test wednesday and if this is high again, I dont know how I will cope. Im planning my funeral and trying to work out worst case scenario but I really cant function now. Ive not eaten, I have had the runs all night and day. I have really lost control of myself. Im worried about adrenial cancer etc. Can anyone help me calm down please

Davit
03-05-15, 18:41
5 is normal, 6.1 is elevated, 10 is high and a concern.
My adrenals barely work and my potassium is normal.

Well there is hope for you since you know this could just be anxiety.
Cognitive restructuring will calm you. How many positive thoughts can you think of to counter every negative, you need six, preferably ten even if they are the same Idea. Look at stacking in top tips and try it. It works very well to calm you.

EmmaJane
03-05-15, 20:26
Thank you I will check that. So my anxiety is blowing the possible outcome out of proportion.

EmmaJane
04-05-15, 13:03
Still a very bad day. What if this, what if that. Reading so many self help books. Cant seem to get my mind straight. Must be this, must be that etc etc