PDA

View Full Version : new to site

mommasmith74
03-05-15, 23:14
I'm kinda flying blind right now as I have no idea how to maneuver this site but I stumbled upon it near the end of a 2 day panic attack binge & felt I might find some support here... Nobody in my life really understands what its like to live with constant certainty of any & all worst case scenarios. Yesterday morning I woke up & for the 1st time in my life thinking of suicide rather than facing 1 more day feeling utterly convinced I'm dying of something that I have no clear evidence of having! In all actuality my most real health issues right now are quite simple: ANXIETY/PANIC & most likely perimenopause... Symptoms of the 2nd include the 1st & both together... With too many meetings with Dr. Google, keep me convinced I probably have pancreatic cancer &/or diabetes... Since now heart issues have been pretty well ruled out. I feel as if I'm completely losing my marbles & just want to get a handle on the turmoil of emotions that have come to rule my life. Health Anxiety is my major plague. A strange form of hot flushes (I think strange anyway) & adrenaline rushes are my major symptoms..... And I've decided TODAY is the day I teach out to others who may know how I feel for support & encouragement & TOMORROW is the day I go to my GP & see if she's is going to help figure out if what I'm going through is something to be concerned about or not AND seek mental health help. I'm taking a ME DAY off work & getting serious with this thing because I cannot wait any longer to get my life back!

Thanks in advance for your support & encouragement. I look forward to doing something very difficult for me.... Making new friends! If I can be of help or encouragement to you, let me know asap!

venusbluejeans
03-05-15, 23:19
Hiya mommasmith74 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

aprilmoon
03-05-15, 23:51
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

newme
04-05-15, 05:09
Hi and Welcome! :)

Snaily2015
04-05-15, 15:51
hi, welcome to the site!! snaily

mommasmith74
05-05-15, 17:34
Thanks all for the warm welcome :) I am very optimistic about being here as it is incredibly difficult to find people in my everyday world who understand severe anxiety. I look forward to getting to know some of you better in the near future!