PDA

View Full Version : Turned down a job with more hours now on a downer

phil06
04-05-15, 00:36
I was offered 30 hours more than my 16 hour contract with some overtime as it was 7am starts and I am not a morning person. I was offfed a day shift less than 30 hours but spent all week 'unsure' now the opportunity looks to have passed. I did apply for a higher job in the company but never got it. It's retail so it would have been a transfer but I transfered before and regretted it but I did work in this shop before. I covered shifts and it seemed fine but I worried the transfer wouldn't go as planned again and I have been holding off for a second job. I posted on here at xmas about that how I quit an xmas job after one day to stay where I am and I question if I did the right thing to this day.

I feel depressed, missed opportunity and sadly I feel too many of them. I have a more cautious way of life these days however find at 26 I can't make choices atall and struggle with everything decisions are not easy..:weep:

jonjones
04-05-15, 11:28
Hey Phil,

sorry to hear about your probs. DonŽt worry mate, opportunities will always come again!

I can relate about having probs making decisions. What Weekes says is that because we are mentally and emotionally tired we are a little mentally and emotionally out of sync. We think one thing and feel sure about it, then we think the same thing and feel a different way.

Dealing with your anxiety in general, will make you better able to make decisions, and also make better career decisions, youŽll be more confident and can take on more challenges. If I were you this would be my focus!

Best,

Jon

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

By the way, when I feel down, I just let myself feel so. Try not to add more feeling down on top of the depression you already feel.

You will make yourself more emotionally tired by doing so. Instead take it one moment at a time. Also what helped me was being absorbed in an activity. It helped take my mind of things for a bit and so helped me emotionally refresh a little.

Do you have soe hobby you can do to gently distract yourself from dwelling too much?

Best,

Jon

phil06
29-05-15, 00:30
Update:

Situation not great had even worse hours at work since I turned this down and I am skint. I have applied to loads of jobs might have one interview for a second job of 8 hours. Was going to hand a CV into the place where I got the last job offer in the hope of a second chance?