PDA

View Full Version : Pressure on top of head & doomy feeling

Lostinthought...
05-05-15, 01:17
I've had this strange pressure feeling in the top front part of my head for a few weeks now. Feels like a ton of bricks sitting right on top of my head and extends to the forehead at times.
The strangest part is that it seems to come with a dark doomy type feeling. There is a definite connection. It's as if the pressure is squeezing some part of my brain that controls my feelings, as nuts as that sounds.
I have no reason to feel depressed, anxiety is my downfall. It's a feeling I can't control or get rid off. I need to shake off this head pressure then hopefully the doomy feeling goes too.
Anyone else have something similar to this? Really starting to freak me out:scared15::scared15:

Liv7117
05-05-15, 02:25
I've got the EXACT same thing! Im not too worried though because I'm assuming it's jut my anxiety causing the headache. Try not to worry, I'm sure it's fine:)

Serenity1990
05-05-15, 05:23
I have something similar. In my case it's caused by something analogous to a cervicogenic headache, in other words my neck is a mess and that pinches nerves.

My osteopath gives amazing relief from these.

Tando
05-05-15, 09:16
I literally have that exact headache right now. It happens when your sleep quality and nutrition is bad. I remember the first time I ever got that feeling was in college when I went to an exam my first time on less than 5 hours of sleep. I've found out that in order to get a really good night's sleep you must eat a lot.. A LOT. It's not from anxiety, do not dismiss everything for "anxiety" because you'll never get to the root problem. The root problem is usually because of poor nutrition, hydration or sleep. I'm going to try to get rid of mine right now!

jonjones
05-05-15, 10:38
Hi,

I once had a similar symptom. For three days I had terrible tension headaches, and even pains darting around.

Unless youve been checked out by a doctor and told otherwise then we both had the same prob. Tension in the scalp muscles.

I know it sucks, it was horrible to experience, but try and take it with a pinch of salt. The being agitated about it makes it worse, it adds to it. Loosen up, let go, deep breaths and try and be gently occupied in some activity, work a film or whatever. This will ease the tension.

Trust me it doesnt last forever! But unortunately the more agitated you get the more it persists. Try and accept it mate. Its unpleasant I know but you moping about it makes it ten times worse.

Best,

Jon

feelthelove
05-05-15, 15:14
I have it also today , i often wonder if it is the weather here in the UK that causes it . I was on a forum once and there were members on there that were all over the UK , i happened to post that i had headaceh and head pressure and nearly everyone on the forum posted that they had the same .

Lostinthought...
05-05-15, 20:33
Ya think nutrition, sleep, weather and maybe not getting out in the fresh air might all contribute to it. Just can't understand why it comes with a heavy doomy/depressed feeling. Then when the pressure lifts for a bit so does that horrible doomy feeling!?!

jonjones
06-05-15, 12:45
Hi,

That doomy feeling may be due to emotional fatigue. From worrying so much we use up a lot of emotional fatigue, so thereīs a vacuum where good feleings used to be.

For eg, we may see something a little bit sad and feel terrible, or see something a little stressful and feel very anxious.

Itīs because our emotions and thoughts are out of sync.

Iīve learned all this from Weekesī method and itīs done wonders for me! It has taken me a while though. I think I was just very fatigued!

Best,

Jon