PDA

View Full Version : Did citalopram help you with HA / fear of death?

AthenaFaeyrn
05-05-15, 14:36
I'm on 20mg and been on 20mg for about a fortnight (was 10mg for my first week). Has anyone found citalopram helpful for their HA or fears of death?

I'm still getting side-effects from it and not really noticing any improvement yet. :/ I hope this soon helps so badly.

popejoan
05-05-15, 14:44
Well it definitely helped me, but I'm also taking propranolol 40 mg. I am also still experiencing side effect although it's been nearly 3 months. Night sweats, fatigue and involuntary muscle contractions are the worst but I'm definitely so much better.

dlou84
05-05-15, 16:08
Helped me massively through a whole host of things, but it wont help... ON IT'S OWN!

It's all in the mind!

The drug simply gives us a better emotional balance but changing our habits and thoughts is the hard bit

KeeKee
05-05-15, 16:26
It didn't help me at all
I honestly believe Propranolol was what stopped my panic attacks. Citalopram gave me depersonalisation and was awful. Everybody is different though I've tried 3 SSRI's and all were slightly different.

Frankie123
07-05-15, 01:45
Citalopram really helped me. Took it for over a year and it helped me get back on track and my health anxiety is no where near as bad.