PDA

View Full Version : Driving Test

jayjoe18
05-05-15, 16:25
I have my driving test in 2 days time and I'm freaking out!!! :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :nonono:

I just had my last lesson until my test and I made some silly mistakes which has made my anxiety about the whole thing even worse. I'm so so scared!

I have to have an hours lesson before my test too and this is making me really anxious as I don't want to have to be in the car for a whole hour before, I just feel like I want to get up and go and get it over with without having to have a lesson before which will give me even more anxiety (as I will have to conceal my panic in front of my instuctor whereas if I were at home I could at least get the panic out and try to calm myself (if that makes any sense at all!?!?)

Should I cancel the hour lesson before my test and just go straight to the test? Or even do 30 mins before the test just to warm up? Does anyone have any stories of how you handled your anxiety on your driving test? Is it 10x scarier for us with anxiety or is not as bad because we are used to the anxious feelings and can deal with them maybe better than someone who has never experienced them?

I don't know how I'm going to pass, I know my nerves are going to get in the way and cause me to make mistakes. The annoying thing is I'm a good driver if it wasn't for my nerves but I just rush things like my manouvers b ecause I can't keep calm :(

NoPoet
06-05-15, 18:59
"You know what you've gotta do. So do it. Do it!"

Take the test. Pass the test. Honour yourself for everything you've been through to get here. Don't let some hairy old man get in your car, in your personal space, and tell you that you can't drive. Own yourself, own the car, behave with courage and dignity, as you possess both those qualities and you deserve to experience them.

There's no way anxiety will win this one. You deserve better. So go out and get it.

jayjoe18
13-05-15, 21:01
"You know what you've gotta do. So do it. Do it!"

Take the test. Pass the test. Honour yourself for everything you've been through to get here. Don't let some hairy old man get in your car, in your personal space, and tell you that you can't drive. Own yourself, own the car, behave with courage and dignity, as you possess both those qualities and you deserve to experience them.

There's no way anxiety will win this one. You deserve better. So go out and get it.

Hi NoPoet, just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU! for your kind words, I read them on the morning of my test when the nerves were really bad and it helped me so much to change my thought process around and really made me feel much more confident so thank you so much for taking the time to reply! :hugs:

I'm pleased to say I went on to pass my driving test first time with just 1 minor last week! I bought some rescue remedy but managed without, just proves with a bit of positive thinking and determination you can control the anxiety and not let it get in the way! It is difficult but it's a wonderful feeling when you're successful in controlling it :yahoo:

If it helps anyone in a similar situation, I had a listen to this on the morning of my test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgI48j_Dghg

It's a hypnotherapy for driving test nerves, I've never tried anything like that before but I did feel so much more confident so I'm pretty sure it helped! :yesyes:

aprilmoon
13-05-15, 21:07
Congratulations on passing your test
First time as well!

xvolatileheart
13-05-15, 22:22
Congratulations!!! :yesyes:

I went through the exact same experience. Thought for sure I would fail as I was having a rough time with my panic attacks and constant anxiety, but I passed first time. Just goes to show we are so much stronger and more capable than we think we are. Anxiety is a horrible liar, we must not listen to it!

Logan_Five
13-05-15, 22:43
Congrats. :)

jayjoe18
16-05-15, 19:38
Congratulations on passing your test
First time as well!

Thank you :D

Congratulations!!! :yesyes:

I went through the exact same experience. Thought for sure I would fail as I was having a rough time with my panic attacks and constant anxiety, but I passed first time. Just goes to show we are so much stronger and more capable than we think we are. Anxiety is a horrible liar, we must not listen to it!

Thanks xvolatileheart, yes we are much stronger than we think :yesyes:

Congrats. :)

Thank you :D