PDA

View Full Version : hello, new here!

sammie.lou
05-05-15, 22:06
hello,
I'm new to these forms, someone recommended this site on another site so I thought I'd join.
I've suffered with anxiety for 8 years but only recently went to my gp last week. I am a mum of 3 and I am determined to kick anxiety's butt but I am afraid that its too late? :unsure:
Anyway, thought I'd pop by and introduce myself.

venusbluejeans
05-05-15, 22:13
Hiya sammie.lou and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

aprilmoon
05-05-15, 22:15
Hi Sammie Lou
Welcome to NMP. :welcome:

sammie.lou
05-05-15, 22:22
thank you :D

Westridge16
05-05-15, 22:30
Hi I am only new and have suffered
From anxiety for years but am going through a rough patch at the moment. It is hard explaining to people who don't suffer from it what it is like . U feel so stupid at times so I hope like u this forum will help . Good luck x

sammie.lou
05-05-15, 22:36
westridge16, this is why I joined a place where people understand us. I felt stupid on Friday night last week when I went out with my mum for her work awards and my anxiety came up and slapped me in the face, I had to sit outside for two hours and apologise to the person who set it all up as I had missed out on the food. That is when I decided enough was enough and got on some medication and now here I am.
I felt even more stupid when I was explaining to my mum, we are close but I hid my anxiety well.

I hope this forum helps you, we are all here to listen. You are not alone. :)

ashrhcp
05-05-15, 23:39
New here aswell, just thought id say hi, you're definitely not alone anyhow! :)