PDA

View Full Version : I have to have an ultrasound and i'm terrified i could have cancer

littleme92
06-05-15, 07:05
I'm so scared right now. I have had stomach pain for a while now and i'm scared that its cancer. I went to the doctors yesterday and they are sending me for an ultrasound. I dont know what to do. I cant help but think the worst. I dont want to die.

skyisblue
06-05-15, 10:48
Hi dear,

I've been having GERD problems, too. I literally came from my Gastro doctor 30 minutes ago. She extended my meds for two weeks and said that I should get an ultrasound after the meds.

Like you, I can't help but think the worst. :(

Emilym80
06-05-15, 12:27
Hi there,

I had to have an ultrasound last year. Oftentimes, doctors do these kinds of procedures/tests just to cover themselves. Nothing was found on my ultrasound and I still get pain in the same area- they just wanted to make sure there was nothing there.

I'm sure it'll go ok. Best of luck :)

littleme92
06-05-15, 17:16
Skyisblue - i'm sorry to hear that, it is so difficult not to think the worst.

Emilym80 - thanks, thats reassuring! I'm glad you are ok. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long. My appointment is on 23rd May :(

Frankie123
07-05-15, 01:40
Hi, if your doctor thought you had cancer he would have asked for an urgent ultrasound and you would not be waiting over three weeks. You would have been seen within two weeks.

Emilym80
07-05-15, 03:13
Hi again,

As frankie says, if they were concerned you would've had the ultrasound much sooner. They wouldn't make you wait for so long!

Take care :)

Fishmanpa
07-05-15, 03:20
As everyone is saying, if they suspected something sinister, you would have been put on the fast track. Been there, done that.

Positive thoughts

littleme92
08-05-15, 12:36
Hi. thanks for all the positive comments, its really helped! I know i'm being a bit overdramatic but its hard not to worry!