PDA

View Full Version : first therapy session n.now I feel worse!

Snaily2015
06-05-15, 09:46
Hey guys. Had my first telephone cbt session today. Obviously we didnt go into much detail with it being the first session! But the service posted me out a booklet and we started to work through that. At this point i was feeling a bit positive knowing that therapy had startes n this is hopefully the start of my full recovery! Then we went on to talk about suicial thoughts (something that I get from time to time, even though I don't want to die, n just want all these awful feelings to be gone for good) - well this subject just brought out the fear, panic n upset in me. Since then ive been feeling quite low n worried again. Is this a normal part of going to therapy? Or is it all just gunna be tok much for.me? Has anyone experienced this whilst habing therapy too? Snaily x

MyNameIsTerry
06-05-15, 10:22
Yeah, I think this is perfectly normal and likely part of the process when you are talking through fears.

They wouldn't put us through it if it was going to be detrimental anyway so we have to trust in that.

The first few sessions are always the worst as its new and we have issues with uncertainty but it gets easier as you build a relationship with the therapist.

Remember if something they want to discuss bothers you, tell them. When therapist would say what she wanted to discuss and ask if I was ok with that first so she knew if there would be issues during the session.