PDA

View Full Version : i fainted :-(

iwantpeace
06-05-15, 14:22
after being all night awake i decided to get to sleep,
2 hours after sleeping theres a nock on the door.
i wake up get up quickly and went open the door,
the neighbor says i have to come down stairs to show me
something, so i go down after couple sec i started feeling weird,
i could not stand on my feet, i was getting dizzy, went quickly
back to my apartment, and drunk some water and some sugar.
didnt work, i was getting worse, i get downstairs quickly
i couldnt hear anything, tunnel vision, and finally i black out(faint)
get on the floor and after 2-3 sec wake up slowly and getting better.
so basicaly, i woke up and after 2 minutes i fainted.

i went to the hospital and explain everything, they did blood work,ecg,heart echo and physical examination, everything came back normal.
the E.R doctor concluded that i had Vasovagal syncope, because i got from the bed very quick and when i got dizzy, instead of sitting down i went panic.

its the first time that something like this happens to me, now i worry
all the time that i will have it again and that somethings wrong with my heart.

i also suffer from health anxiety and im on effexor 75mg/day

Anybody ever had something simmilar? please help.

Gary A
06-05-15, 14:28
As much as fainting can be scary, it's actually just your bodies way of putting all your systems back into normal sync. You probably experienced a rapid drop in blood pressure when you stood up too quickly. This is known as postural hypotension, and can happen to anyone. That's probably where the dizzy feeling came from. When you passed out, your body was merely correcting the drop in blood pressure.

You've had all your systems checked and I agree with the ER doctor, this sounds exactly like a vasovagal syncope and as I said, it's scary, but it's completely harmless.

iwantpeace
06-05-15, 14:44
As much as fainting can be scary, it's actually just your bodies way of putting all your systems back into normal sync. You probably experienced a rapid drop in blood pressure when you stood up too quickly. This is known as postural hypotension, and can happen to anyone. That's probably where the dizzy feeling came from. When you passed out, your body was merely correcting the drop in blood pressure.

You've had all your systems checked and I agree with the ER doctor, this sounds exactly like a vasovagal syncope and as I said, it's scary, but it's completely harmless.

can u experience vasovagal syncope from getting up too quickly from
the bed? and if soo isnt gonna be instand? i fainted after 1-2 minutes..