PDA

View Full Version : brand new here, chronic Google user.

beautifuldisaster4
06-05-15, 14:27
Little bit about myself.. I'm 25, married, with 2 wonderful children. I never really had bad anxiety or panic attacks until after the birth of my second child. After I had her I feel like everything has gone haywire! Meaning I suffer from anxeity, depression, OCD, panic disorder, & even bipolar disorder. I've tried several medications but always end up quitting them because I feel like they are not doing any good. I'm constantly googling every ache or pain or symptoms that I might be having that day. I always fear them he absolute worst.. which is heart attack. Every pain in my chest almost has me convinced that I'm on the verge of death.. and to make matters worse my mom passed away (it will be 2 weeks ago on Friday), she had terminal cancer. I'm so stressed and worried about everything right now. Google has become a heroin to me. Almost as if I cant stop. I've gone to doctors & they have said that I'm fine. Although I feel that there is still an underlying problem. Hypochondriac at its finest.

venusbluejeans
06-05-15, 14:39
Hiya beautifuldisaster4 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zeldagirl
06-05-15, 15:33
Welcome :) I have so much of what you describe and mine too got extremely bad after the birth of my daughter. I did get almost completely better after awhile but here I am again and it's at its worst. I know you have health anxiety and I don't want to feed into that but I was wondering if you have had your thyroid checked? I just recently found out that I have thyroid issues and I now wonder if that's what may have triggered my issues after the birth of my daughter as well. Most doctors don't check everything they should in regards to thyroid. Anyhow, welcome and hope you feel better soon :)

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Also, so sorry about the loss of your mother. We are here to talk if you need to.

beautifuldisaster4
08-05-15, 15:55
i have had my thyroid checked before, they put me of medication for it years ago. then here within this past year they checked it again & said it was fine? i don't understand doctors! & thank you for your condolences & the reply:) means alot to me ❤

Beckie4567
08-05-15, 19:45
Hi welcome I no exactly how u feel mine started after the birth of my first child 7 years ago every day is a struggle :( I have my own fears at the moment of deferent things have u been to docters and talked to them about your axietys x

beautifuldisaster4
11-05-15, 17:53
yes i have been to the doctor several time, the prescribe me medications, & i take them for awhile then for some reason i just stop taking them because i "think" im better. i dont know.. :(