PDA

View Full Version : Breathing anxiety!

Gray7_2
24-01-07, 14:58
I have been desperatley looking for answers as to how to stop my health anxiety and having now paid a large amount of money to see private GP for full health check I have now been officially diagnosed as healthy!

"So why post"? I hear you say.

My anxiety started from a fear that I have damaged my lungs or airways and now I health breathing anxiety!

I wont go into details but I have now been through a lot of doctors and A+E visits have been diagnosed with depression (On DP Tabs) so why do I feel like it makes no difference to be told all is ok?

Although I am a little better in my mind I seem to suffer what I can only describe as a burning feeling/pain and it feels deep in my throat.
It also feels like it is behind my breast bone or down my airways.
I have had an endosopy to check for acid and all is "normal".

Is anyone else suffering like this I can't relax and what makes it worse is I have bad sinusses!!

clickaway
24-01-07, 17:16
Hi

Your mind is basically in a rut that is difficult to escape from - most people with depression and health anxiety have a great difficulty in accepting that its merely in the mind. But I must say that you can overcome this - please remember that!

Just keep on reading posts here and gradually gain acceptance that your health anxiety is totally irrational. Try and twin your health anxiety symptoms with real feelings and events - maybe that will help.

Cheers

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers