PDA

View Full Version : Constant muscle crawling/spasms

LauraWoo84
07-05-15, 04:30
Hi all

I am not sure how much more I can take. For the past few weeks my muscle spasms and the crawling sensation I have felt for the past 20 months is getting worse, it is waking me up in the early hours. I can feeling a pulsing at the back of my scalp, in my back, in my arms, stomach, chest and legs. I am paranoid the doctors have missed something. I am struggling to accept this is all caused by anxiety and prolonged adrenalin which is resulting in me being over sensitive to everything. I am at my wits end and not sure how much more I can take.

I've tried acupuncture, reflexology, hypnotherapy, various oil supplements, magnesium foot baths and I don't know what else to try. I do start CBT on Friday, I also do Pilates.

Any help or advice would be greatly received I am just so tired and don't want to feel this crawling/spasmodic sensations anymore.

Thank you for reading

KeeKee
07-05-15, 12:36
I have pulsing everywhere. Especially the back of my head and legs. I also have a very strong stomach pulse too and I'm not even skinny.
I am lucky enough to trust this is anxiety and I know how hard it can be to get there.
CBT should help you, however I found it did very little to help me, I feel like my GP is the one who helped me get over my pulse related HA.
My advise would be to always go to the same doctor, who you feel comfortable with and trust. If they can empathise it will be so much easier for the both of you

LauraWoo84
10-05-15, 06:41
Hi KeeKee

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I struggle to find a GP I can trust and have a rapport with and with doctors surgery changing management it's even more difficult to see one doctor. What sort of advise did your GP give you as I am not sure I can continue to live with these spasms waking me up every morning.

I am so tired all the time and scared that something has been missed. The more tests that come back saying they can't find anything specific the harder I find all of this.