PDA

View Full Version : PHOBIA OF HOSPITALS

mazz
24-01-07, 17:04
Hi i just wondered if anyone has this fear?.Iam terified of hospitals and having to stay in one over a period of time.Its not an illness thing its about being in a place away from home.If that makes sence[?]
Mazz x

jo61
24-01-07, 17:07
I know where you're coming from Mazz. The only time I was ever in hospital overnight was when I had my daughter and I couldn't wait to get home. I'm always much happier in my own house than anywhere.

Love Jo x

Jo

honeybee3939
24-01-07, 17:21
Hi Mazz

I dont like Hospitals either, but if i do have to go for a appointment i usually take lots of magazines to read, also i take my MP3 player with me and listen to my favorite tracks, it takes my mind off the surroundings.
Heres another post which you may find of interest also, it as lots of good tips.
Hospital fear:
hospital fear (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4907)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Karen
24-01-07, 17:54
Hi Mazz

This is actually quite a common fear and the idea of using distraction can be very helpful.

Another way of dealing with this is through hypnosis to help you feel calmer about the idea of going to hospital in the first place.

Perhaps you might like to give the Overcome Fear of Hospitals (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloads/phobias_fears/fear_hospitals.html?1388) hypnosis download a try. I've used various different hypnosis downloads which have benefitted me a lot.

Karen

mazz
24-01-07, 18:10
Thanks for the replys folks Karen i like the idea of a download on hypnosis ill look it up.I do try distraction when i need to go but its the over welming fear of being told i have to stay in over night.God i hope iam not tempting fate here!
Mazz.

belle
24-01-07, 20:37
Hi..I can't bare even going near a hospital. Hospitals to me give me the same feelings as scary films, the news and hospital dramas (real and fiction!). Its because i KNOW bad things happen inside...Just do not like them!
I was admitted into hospital while pregnant with my son because i was suffering with pre-eclampsia but i stupidly discharged myself risking my unborn baby's life AND mine. I was taken back into hospital the next day and had to stay in but my then husband slept outside the hospital in the car. Its was MID winter...lol, he froze for 4 days!! When i had my son i WAS left alone overnight. I was about 45 mins away from home and scared stiff, but the gave me something to calm me down.

Sarah

Krakers
24-01-07, 20:52
Hi mazz, I too have a fear of hospitals.

I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. My phobia is quite irrational as I have no idea why I dislike them so much. Its also a little ironic, because I live opposite my local hospital. You could throw a stone from my house and hit it.

I wish you good health and If you ever do need treatment then I hope you can overcome your fear. There was a great success story in the link honey posted. Remember the fear itself is usually far greater than the actual act and we are all here for you should you need it.

Krakers.

mazz
24-01-07, 22:45
Thanks for the replys i guess i,ll have to face it face on, just hate knowing iam scared of the un known.
Mazz