PDA

View Full Version : Hello and advice please

ni
07-05-15, 20:54
I have started suffering with anxiety now for about 4-5 months, some days more than others, its really impacting on my family and work life now. I have been taking 50mg of sertraline for 9 days now and am not really seeing any benefits!
Will it start to help soon????
Really started to worry this could be the demise of my 'normal' life now?

venusbluejeans
07-05-15, 20:59
Hiya ni and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ni
07-05-15, 21:03
I will start reading, thank you. Really looking forward to talk to other people about this on here about this awful and debilitating, well condition I guess.

themr87
07-05-15, 21:17
Welcome to the forum!

I'm the same although suffered for many years, but I think the best thing is to learn to control our minds - something I'm still working on!

ni
07-05-15, 21:33
Its bizarre, in my job I address many people have always coped with stressful and anxious situations brilliantly, but since the new year......this anxiety thing?? Takes over your life...

flowerpotty
15-05-15, 22:29
I think I have started problems round the same time too. To begin with they weren't often now I feel like they are all I have. Really struggling to enjoy life, constantly worrying and panicking.

helloworld
16-05-15, 14:32
Hi nick. I have similar issues to you I think and have been using sertraline for about 4 months now, now 100mg. It takes several weeks to kick in fully but it worked well for me. I actually found the first 2 weeks on it pretty bad. Feel free to message me if helpful.

Sandra mitchell
17-05-15, 02:04
I have started suffering with anxiety now for about 4-5 months, some days more than others, its really impacting on my family and work life now. I have been taking 50mg of sertraline for 9 days now and am not really seeing any benefits!
Will it start to help soon????
Really started to worry this could be the demise of my 'normal' life now?

Hi my name is sandra and hang in there i suffered anxiety for a very long time, sleepless nights, headaches, sore stomach aches and even sore jaws with tension lol
I have been on sertraline for a few years ,i know arrgh wish i didnt need to be on any medication but doc says use as a preventative. Im accepting now and feel so much better. I do feel that the medication has helped and still does but its also about trying to fix the problems that are causing the stress. I know probably easier said than done. There is no quick fix its about trying to remain positive even when you feel "no way its never going to get better".Its hard many a time i thought what is this all about . Time will heal and things will get better. push yourself even when it feels impossible and it will get easier. sertraline takes roughly about 6weeks to feel a difference but make sure you take it everyday roughly same time but give it time and be positive xxx
:):):):)

Davit
17-05-15, 06:37
I hope I can get you people to read the starred threads in panic attacks. Panic attacks can be cured and you can get off the medication and live a normal life.