PDA

View Full Version : Eyelid twitching... what's the longest someone's had it?

KayeS
07-05-15, 21:18
Not panicking as I've had every test under the sun and kind of just learnt to live with it now but my left upper eyelid has been twitching on and off now for about 10 months, and my right upper eyelid also has started twitching for the last couple of months. It's not continuous but it's annoying, and I was just curious to see if anyone else has had eye twitching lasting this long before?

crazymum25
07-05-15, 21:29
Yeah I get it in my eyelids only when I'm tired tho even tho I have lazy eye too .... And when I'm nervous x

KeeKee
07-05-15, 21:38
I get it every so often and have done for about 2 years. Not everyday mind you. My partner also gets it occasionally and he doesn't have anxiety either so I'm guessing it's completely normal even in individuals who aren't stressed/anxious.

Mindknot
08-05-15, 09:51
Let's see... about 24 years. I remember getting it when I was wee in school.

Serenity1990
08-05-15, 14:28
I get it very regularly and have done for about three years (but then again I would, I was recently diagnosed with BFS).

My dad gets it when he's tired and always has done. He's in his sixties now and it doesn't seem to have done him any harm, still fit as a fiddle!

clarisse
08-05-15, 16:06
I had this for a period of 3months.So annoying.
Dr prescribed some muscle relaxants which helped not only with the twitching, but also the reaction to Stress I was going through.
I find the more you worry about these type of things the longer they hang about.

dittarco
08-05-15, 19:30
I've had it in my eye, my chin, my lower lip... those specific ones when they happen last a week or so... i have to either ignore it or find a way to relax (lol)

Carnation
08-05-15, 19:40
Eye twitching can be a sign of a very stressed or Anxious person. You can have it for a few hours or a few months.
It can arise when you think that you not particularly stressed about anything.
But it is the stuff that is going on in your sub-conscious.
It is harmful but annoying.
It can come and go for short and long periods.
It is your brain's way of reminding you that there is too much going on in your brain.
Best thing to do is not freak out about it, get some relaxation and put your Mind in to doing something pleasant. :)

KayeS
09-05-15, 00:05
I'm not actually stressing too much about it as I've had every test there is and they've found nothing wrong, and in fact I'm actually in a not too bad place right now but it's just very annoying. I get twitches in my eyes EVERY DAY and have done for nearly a year now :/