PDA

View Full Version : currently awaiting cbt apt 18th june just need some reassurance pls

emmalj0
08-05-15, 10:15
Hi everyone iv had a lump on my chest now where my underwire sits for over 2 years. Its not really grown skin over it is movable. Iv seen numerous drs had an ultrasound november 2014 nothing was seen. Diagnosis is a lipoma. Is it possible could be something more like a sarcoma?

secondly had really bad middle back pain since had my son last year it hurts to take deep breaths hurts more when laying down. This has now radiated to my lower back too. Im panicking iv maybe got bone cancer or a tumour. Had loads of bkoods took few months ago all ok apart from low calcium/vit d.

what are peoples thoughts.

thanks in advance

emma

Gary A
08-05-15, 10:26
Again, no, it's not a sarcoma. It's been there too long with no noticeable changes and is a soft moveable lump. Sarcomas are hard, painless, rigid and above all progressive.

swgrl09
08-05-15, 12:09
I'm glad you are starting CBT because I know what it feels like to be caught up in this panic cycle, constantly finding something else to worry about. I'm not 100% but I'm better than I was.

I know people don't always like to see reassurance given, and this is by no means medical advice, but you are treating the anxiety (just hasn't started yet) so I give you a lot of credit for that. It sounds like the docs have done loads of tests and you seem pretty healthy. My husband has about 4-5 lipomas (I think.. there's quite a few) and all are movable bumps under the skin. He's had them for years. They run in the family. They truly are benign. I think with an ultrasound and blood tests, your doc could be pretty certain you are ok.

I have a lot of back pain and have the same troubles as you. If you have had all these blood tests, I am sure you are fine. Pain can radiate because all our muscles are connected. It sounds like you could use a nice relaxing massage, which might help.

emmalj0
08-05-15, 14:12
Thanks for your kind reply i just worry so much but try to keep myself busy x