PDA

View Full Version : stare wall and blink!

nikb
08-05-15, 10:39
Can anyone else see faint rainbow ish or reddish and blueish lines if they blink super fast at a blank wall? I also see what I think is the shape of my iris. You have to blink rapidly.

I stumbled over it and am now obsessing about it.

I have ocd and ha.

KayeS
08-05-15, 11:46
Lol absolutely. But more to the point, why are you staring at walls and blinking really fast?? :)

nikb
08-05-15, 12:16
Hi. Thanks for reply. No idea why started. All part of ocd etc.

So you can do it too?

dittarco
08-05-15, 15:13
Lately, I've had so much OCD about my eyes... I like the "flashes" of lights I see now and then when i stare too long (at anything, even a blank wall) to the random dot I see in the corner of my eye when I look ahead to "I am going to faint"

and then I get a light headed feeling and panic..

So yes... me too

nikb
08-05-15, 15:57
hi dittarco,

I'm same as you mate. Can you see that which i describe then ?

dittarco
08-05-15, 16:13
yea.. a variation of that ...

i was doing well for a while, but it came back this week.

I'm EXTRA hyper aware when I have my period (not sure if you're a girl and can relate LOL)...

Just try to take deep breaths.. know you're fine.

When I get nervous about this particular thing, I find myself YAWNING alot.. which actually makes it worse but when you're breathing that way you tend to throw off your oxygen levels

KayeS
09-05-15, 00:10
Hi. Thanks for reply. No idea why started. All part of ocd etc.

So you can do it too?

When I stare at white surfaces, I see all sorts of things, when I blink and even when I don't blink... I have MANY strange visual disturbances but have also been tested for EVERYTHING and all is fine so it's normal to have these things :)

nikb
09-05-15, 07:53
Hi Steve, thanks for replying. I do same as you. I've loads of visuals I obsess about on and off.

Seems a lot of people start obsessing about vision and focus brain on things which you wouldn't notice normally. We train our brains to notice it all the time. Anxiety fuels it causes it etc.

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Hi dittarco,

Thanks for replying. There's clearly quite a few of us obsessing over vision.

I'm male btw ! :-)