PDA

View Full Version : Sick of acid!

Hypo
08-05-15, 13:02
So three weeks ago I got acid reflux, maybe from long term use of antibiotics. I have now been taken off them.

GP prescribed the Omarapolzle however you spell it. I had an allergic reaction to it so I have been taking zantac.

My symptoms have lessened but now I am stuck with an air bubble feeling stuck in my throat which I can;t burp up and a sore throat from all the acid.

I keep hoping that I just need to heal now I am on my meds and I will get better soon. I have a GP appointment next Friday. I am sure they are going to say I probably have cancer.

I had two days last week where I didn't have it at all then it came back with a vengeance. It is better now than it was in the sense that it doesn't hurt but it is annoying having an air bubble in my chest and I don't want to die!

Dazza123
08-05-15, 13:13
Gaviscon Advance, which is about £11 is very good, I use it a lot, and I have pretty bad GERD so if it helps with that, it should help you.

Doctor can prescribe it also.

Hypo
08-05-15, 13:16
Thank you, I will pick some up today.

I am just worried it is something nasty or I will end up with barretts. I keep telling myself 3-4 weeks isn't really long enough to do damage.

My throat just feels a bit red raw and I want to burp.

Dazza123
08-05-15, 13:25
I have had it for 12 years so try not to worry too much.

You will heal quite quickly once it calms down :)

Hypo
08-05-15, 14:31
Have you tried the apple cider vinegar ?