PDA

View Full Version : newbie to NMP

az
08-05-15, 15:06
Hi there,
I'm trying to distract my mind from the panic attack i'm in right now by signing up to this forum. I think it might be working. At the moment I only get them now and again but they're pretty bad and I still can't recognise the signs that one is coming but I should know by now!

venusbluejeans
08-05-15, 15:13
Hiya az and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

aprilmoon
08-05-15, 21:00
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
How are you feeling now?

az
09-05-15, 02:23
Hi, yes much better thank you! It was luckily not a really long one. Maybe 30mins. Though interestingly I have new symptoms it seems. Before yesturday my panic attacks didn't include that 'closed throat' feeling that alot of people seem to get. This time I got to the stage where I felt a bit like I was choking and those alarming thoughts definately kicked in at that point! I was reaching for the phone to dial 111 but told myself to get a grip lol. I realise though that today I will be short of breath, tired, have a raw stomach, and feel pretty vulnerable so will be taking it easy this weekend!