PDA

View Full Version : More anxiety problems

phil06
08-05-15, 22:57
Still stay with my parents and my toilet never flushes so it always needs unblocked with a bag however my parents dump these bags anywhere like on bathroom drawers or carpets so I fear every surface is contaminated. For example my clothes which fall out the dryer I want to throw away if they hit the dirty carpet.

I marked the label with ink to try and ease my anxiety so I can wear it less but now I fear ink poisoning.

My anxiety is going round and round and until I move out which is hopefully soon I will be anxious as I always block tickets but once I move out I have more control over it and will try and not block them or atleast I would make sure the bathroom was cleaner.

What can I do to help my worries? :blush:

KK77
08-05-15, 23:06
Not being funny but why do you block toilets Phil? :whistles:

Sam123
08-05-15, 23:11
From too much toilet paper, OCD?

If so are you on any medication or receiving any therapy?

phil06
09-05-15, 00:29
I have loose stools problems and I always use loads of toilet paper to be extra clean.

Davit
09-05-15, 00:36
Flush twice, or three times, it is only water.

Fishmanpa
09-05-15, 01:55
When you have an unusually large poo or in your case the wiping OCD, give the toilet a "courtesy flush". Like Davit said... "it's only water".

However, I'm curious as to why your folks would leave the bags everywhere? That's just sounds nasty :ohmy:

Positive thoughts

phil06
09-05-15, 02:17
When you have an unusually large poo or in your case the wiping OCD, give the toilet a "courtesy flush". Like Davit said... "it's only water".

However, I'm curious as to why your folks would leave the bags everywhere? That's just sounds nasty :ohmy:

Positive thoughts

They do get disposed of but I think it's lazyness but problem is every surface makes me anxious now I put bath towels in plastic of boxes to them clean maybe I am being extreme?

---------- Post added at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

Like of my clothes touched the carpet I feel forver contaminated and like I will have toilet germs.

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-15, 05:17
Could a bin in the bathroom help? The issue of the bags is really more a hygiene issue and I think it would annoy anyone let alone the impact it would have on someone with Contamination OCD!

The rest is a matter of addressing the OCD itself and therapy is a good way for this. Part of you knows that there is no way things can all be contaminated from this and that contamination won't last forever even if they were but you need some support & guidance to tackle these issues so that you can take the control back. The same with the ink poisoning and everything else that you may believe to be a contaminant.

Given your parents are unblocking too, is it more an issue with the toilet because I'm assuming you would flush until everything has gone? Or are they not flushing enough either?

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Not being funny but why do you block toilets Phil? :whistles:

Phil's posted about it a couple of weeks back about using too much paper.

phil06
14-05-15, 15:14
Could a bin in the bathroom help? The issue of the bags is really more a hygiene issue and I think it would annoy anyone let alone the impact it would have on someone with Contamination OCD!

The rest is a matter of addressing the OCD itself and therapy is a good way for this. Part of you knows that there is no way things can all be contaminated from this and that contamination won't last forever even if they were but you need some support & guidance to tackle these issues so that you can take the control back. The same with the ink poisoning and everything else that you may believe to be a contaminant.

Given your parents are unblocking too, is it more an issue with the toilet because I'm assuming you would flush until everything has gone? Or are they not flushing enough either?

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Phil's posted about it a couple of weeks back about using too much paper.

Well both bins end up being used so I get worried of my girlfriend even uses the kitchen bin she washed her hands but without soap so I worried my remotes or items in my room are dirty.

90% of my ocd is based around toilet germs, surfaces, hand washing ect. I'm
Not sure how I can ease it other than my own house where I can keep better tabs of my cleaning?

MyNameIsTerry
15-05-15, 06:11
With the issue of bags, a practical solution is needed as its unhygienic anyway.

Everything else is very much about your OCD and you don't need a solution to that in how you clean but to change how you think. This is going to mean tackling your thoughts about contamination and controlled exposure to things so that you can start to see your new thoughts about them can work.

I would suggest looking at Davit's "Words" and "Core Beliefs" threads as they have links to tools & techniques in them that will help with this. Some of the exposure work with contamination can be to expose yourself in ways that a person with no anxiety wouldn't either so you confront unhygienic situations but I think that needs a therapist to control it.

phil06
29-05-15, 00:43
Yes I have bad ocd and hand washing.

Still blocking toilets so no solution yet. Problem is I get stressed and my bowels are always active last few days I have been really stressed and keep getting tingling bowels. I keep doing relaxation CDs but it's not helping much.

I wish I could stop blocking toilets but I need to clean and clean.

phil06
02-06-15, 13:18
More anxiety today

When I went to the toilet there was a slight poo mark on the toilet roll so now my ocd doesn't make me want to wear those clothes or sit on the seat in my room as its contaminated. Getting the urge to buy a new chair but it's meaning another expensive :blush:

phil06
30-07-15, 13:56
I have this anxiety still been close to getting a house but not yet but my worry is when I get a house what if all the items I take from my room came near the dirty germs? What if people touched the bags of issue which had been down the toilet? If someone unblocks it I worry what they will touch in my room. I know not everybody has this issue but I find it unhygienic and nothing will ever feel clean again? :weep: