PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

kelly12
09-05-15, 04:30
Hi All,

I think the main problem im getting to trigger off my Anxiety is the fact I dont breath Properly. I have been sitting here tonight and feeling fine then I realised I am not taking full breaths. I kind of hold it half way and not take another breath in fully. It feels then that my body is tensing then I start yawning trying to get the breath in and out. I have tried to take deep breaths in and out but then i go back to breathing like that again...Any Advice??

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-15, 05:36
Hi Kelly,

There are various methods that can be used for this, some Jon Jones mentions from Claire Weekes work and then there are some from CBT. I'm guessing that you feel pretty tense around your diagphram a lot? If so, you can try to work on that to see if it makes your breathing easier by using relaxation techniques or things like body scanning or Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR).

Looking at your posture can help too. If you are scrunched up a lot, it will add to breathing problems like this.

I suffer this one a lot and with having asthma too, it does play on my mind a lot. I can't say I have beaten this one but its more tolerable than before.