PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

charlotte1
09-05-15, 07:21
Hello,

With it coming up to mental health awareness week, I decided to write a blog post/article about something I feel strongly towards - Why mental health should be talked about in school. I am a teenager suffering from mental health and this website has helped me out a HUGE amount!

if you have the time I'd really appreciate if you could read my post and let me know what you think :

https://annahicks1.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/matters-of-the-mind-speaking-out-about-mental-health-in-schools/

venusbluejeans
09-05-15, 07:27
Hiya charlotte1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-15, 07:51
I think that is an excellent article. Its really good to see someone still learning who can translate a complex issue into something that could appeal to adults as well as their peers. It is well produced and certainly thought provoking.

It always amazes me why we bother educating people about bullying without also educating people about the outcomes of bullying. They concentrate on the punishment of the bullies, not the issues the victim has to try to cope with. The damage done.

The same issue exists within NHS literature about anxiety. We are told that anxiety cannot harm us physically yet at the same time we are frequently told of the links between stress and various physical conditions. We all know that stress is a cakewalk compared to an anxiety disorder.

This lack of "joined up" thinking just turns the volume down on the impacts of these disorders.

As you said, you get educated on sex but why do they not educate people on the tell tale signs of anxiety & depression that could be linked to the pressure on younger people to engage in activities because everyone else is "doing it"?

I would like to see more articles like this produced and displayed on websites like NMP. It shouldn't all be about peoples issues, it should also be about things like this.

atki
09-05-15, 07:56
fab!

charlotte1
09-05-15, 17:41
Thank you so much for your replies, really means a lot. Such an important issue! And I 100% agree with all the things your saying about the effects of bullying and pressure on young people - not enough is being done to prevent/minimise these !

Thanks again for your responses