PDA

View Full Version : A small success story for me(intrusive words/thoughts)

Viktor
09-05-15, 11:32
so hey everybody.

i want to share a story of me battling intrusive words. i was so scared in my life of the word why? i was scared into going into compulsive rituals and into deep analyzing parts where i would go crazy eventually and saying why to everything in life . i have also been scared and anxious of the word suicide.
first of all i would like to thank mynameisterry from this forum. he has helped me alot and i am grateful for your help.

from his advice and from mindfullness and meditation and following some buddhist guidelines like dalai lamas books i have become a bit more clever in the human mind we have.

what have i learned about intrusive thoughts and words?

first of all if you are have a struggle with intrusive thoughts right now dont worry. because if you are anxious of going to kill somebody or scared of any words or thoughts with is negative and bad. then you are perfectly healthy and fine! you are a good human being. and why is that you may ask? you probably think by having these thoughts you really want to do them and it is a part of you or whatever you may think. this is false by being anxious about it you actually dont want to do them and your anxiety and fear reminds you of that.
so dont worry. second of all the reason the thoughts and words pop up into your mind, is because you have associated them with "Fear" your mind thinks you are in some kind of danger and of course its gonna remind you about it because of basic human survival instincts. now its important that even if you feel anxious and get an negative response from your brain. you accept the thoughs and let them slide away dont interract with them and be angry because it fuels it even more. its sometime like the bully in school who keeps throwing papers at you, if you act mad and crazy he will continue doing it. but if you ignore it and dont really care he will stop it. deep inside you always know what you want or dont want, nobody can take that away from you.

good luck and with some work you will get there.

i wish you all happiness and a healthy life

Viktor

Sam123
09-05-15, 11:43
Hi Viktor

This is a good post and i'm happy to see a positive thread. It sounds like you've come on leaps and bounds. You've learnt a lot along the way. It's great that you're encouraging others also i am sure you will make a full recovery and come out of this in a far better place.

Terry is very knowledgeable isn't he, lets not tell him too much we don't want his head to swell :ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-15, 11:52
Hi Viktor,

You know I'm really pleased for you. Its great to see some positive outcomes, it can take so long with anxiety but you responded to something very quickly so I guess you hit what works for you straight away. Its great to see someone come from a dark place to a good place and it shows it doesn't have to be a long journey for everyone.

Given your quick response to what can take many people months to see results from, it would suggest that you will gain so much more out of it in the future. I can remember experiencing a very noticable shift in my compassion after 6 months of daily practice. It was a good feeling!

All the best.

Terry

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Terry is very knowledgeable isn't he, lets not tell him too much we don't want his head to swell :ohmy:

That almost sounds like a compliment, Sam. :tongue:

If my head does swell, I'll pop a thread on the Symptoms board :winks::D

Sam123
09-05-15, 23:24
Bump Positive Post

saridaki
10-05-15, 00:35
I am new to the site and I am getting to learn how to use it...Your article is the first one that I have read and it is so empowering...I have been experiencing some intrusive thoughts that they are like witches who try to poison my mind...I do not like them and they scare me and make me feel so embarrassed....They are out of my character and they tend to make me feel that they suffocate me..I know what to advice others to do in order to face those insignificant subject of imagination waste but when it comes to me I do not know why I let them scare me when they are so untrue!!:shrug:

Snaily2015
15-05-15, 18:47
I've read this also, about thoughts being thoughts n they don't mean anything - apparently you don't really have control over your thoughts BUT you do have control over your actions. so basically if you have anxiety about committing suicide you won't do it because its a thought and you still have control over your actions - obviously its still important to address these thoughts n feelings during therapy. but surely its good to know that its not going to happen! :-) x

Davit
15-05-15, 21:41
Very good Viktor. Good to see you doing well.

I'm going to think of Terry now with a pumpkin for a head wandering around in the middle of the night scaring the drunks and dogs.

Sam123
15-05-15, 21:43
:roflmao:

PanicAttackGurl
17-05-15, 03:29
I love a good success story! Congratulations Viktor!

MyNameIsTerry
17-05-15, 07:44
Thats me...I'm scary!!!

http://cdn.cutestpaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/l-Pumpkin-head.jpg

...I think that pumpkin might be doing something to miss kitty there...:ohmy::winks::D

Sam123
17-05-15, 08:15
:roflmao:

It certainly looks like it. Terry did you google search Pumpkin head? :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
17-05-15, 08:54
Yes, I did and I have seen the film with Lance Henrikson in years ago. I only look like that one with a bad hangover! :D

Bonnibelle
18-05-15, 14:08
Great to hear. Intrusive thoughts can be very frightening. Well done to you :-)