PDA

View Full Version : Sotalol, too frightened to take it!

Angelcake
24-01-07, 23:18
Hi,

I've just been prescribed Sotalol 80mg twice a day for ectopic heartbeats - but I have two issues...

Firstly, I have a real problem with getting terrified of the side effects of any new medicine. I read and re-read the leaflet, often taking a couple of days before 'daring' to take the medicine. Does anyone else get this??

Secondly, I have never heard of the drug and wondered if anyone had had experience of taking it for palps or ectopic etc.

Basically, I'm just scared of taking it [:I]- even though it might do me good!!

Any advice would be welcome! Sarahx

mazz
24-01-07, 23:32
Hi seo just want to reasure you what you read on the leaflet covers all sins , they have to cover themselves legaly for ob reasons.So dont be put off , if the doc thinks they may help try it short term, if no good then stop.
Mazz x

kazzie
24-01-07, 23:32
Hi Sarah

Welcome to NMP!!!!

I am sorry I have no knowledge of the meds you have been prescribed but with every medicine you get nowadays they have a leaflet and they all say the same side effects!!!

We live in an age where everyone wants to sue someone for something so they cover all options in the leaflet!!!

I assume you were prescribed these by a gp or someone similar???

If I was you I would take them I am sure they will help!!!

luv kaz x x x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

Angelcake
25-01-07, 21:40
Thanks so much for the encouragement!! You have all given me confidence and I am going to start taking the tablets...tomorrow!! Thanks especially to Chris and your PM, it REALLY helps to know that someone else has taken them.

Thanks again, Sarah

p.s. If I'm dead from the side effects by Saturday - I'll let you all know! Ho ho :)