PDA

View Full Version : Apologies-here's my intro

biggerthanmybody
10-05-15, 00:13
Hello, I've already posted some in the other forums, but I've neglected to post an official intro. I apologize! I don't want to give too much personal info, but I'm a female in my early 30s. I had a traumatic childhood involving abandonment, neglect, and alcoholism so I've had what I would term as generalized anxiety back as early as I have memories, around 5 years old, and I've also always had social anxiety. I held it together through my childhood/teens but then after my son was born when I was 18 I started having major health anxiety as well.

I went through a few more traumatic experiences, had another baby, got PPD and my anxiety was through the roof so I went on Zoloft 50mg. Took that for 7 years and it worked wonders. Went off 2 years ago and was okay at first, but about 10 months ago some major events happened and my life has been falling apart since with no real end in sight. The past few months I've been suffering from major panic attacks, very frequent, and I just can't take it anymore. I know I need to get back on my Zoloft and would like to try some therapy/CBT once I'm back on them. My dr can't see me till mid June but they said if I want I can go into urgent care before then. But going to the dr is one of my biggest fears so I have to figure out a way to force myself to go in there, hopefully without having a major panic attack, so I can get some meds. :( Been reading a lot of threads here and am so thrilled there are so many great resources here. I feel so much better not being "the only one" who has panic attacks and anxiety. Nice to meet you all!

MRS STRESS ED
10-05-15, 00:19
Hello, I've already posted some in the other forums, but I've neglected to post an official intro. I apologize! I don't want to give too much personal info, but I'm a female in my early 30s. I had a traumatic childhood involving abandonment, neglect, and alcoholism so I've had what I would term as generalized anxiety back as early as I have memories, around 5 years old, and I've also always had social anxiety. I held it together through my childhood/teens but then after my son was born when I was 18 I started having major health anxiety as well.

I went through a few more traumatic experiences, had another baby, got PPD and my anxiety was through the roof so I went on Zoloft 50mg. Took that for 7 years and it worked wonders. Went off 2 years ago and was okay at first, but about 10 months ago some major events happened and my life has been falling apart since with no real end in sight. The past few months I've been suffering from major panic attacks, very frequent, and I just can't take it anymore. I know I need to get back on my Zoloft and would like to try some therapy/CBT once I'm back on them. My dr can't see me till mid June but they said if I want I can go into urgent care before then. But going to the dr is one of my biggest fears so I have to figure out a way to force myself to go in there, hopefully without having a major panic attack, so I can get some meds. :( Been reading a lot of threads here and am so thrilled there are so many great resources here. I feel so much better not being "the only one" who has panic attacks and anxiety. Nice to meet you all!

:welcome:sounds like you have had a really rough time of it love ,you have come to the right place we all understand each other and can relate to lots of things ,we are all here to help and advise and I am sure you will be able to help lots of people too xxxx

venusbluejeans
10-05-15, 00:19
Hiya biggerthanmybody and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Kimd030
10-05-15, 21:37
Get your GP to come out for a home visit . Take care Hun x

biggerthanmybody
13-05-15, 20:24
:welcome:sounds like you have had a really rough time of it love ,you have come to the right place we all understand each other and can relate to lots of things ,we are all here to help and advise and I am sure you will be able to help lots of people too xxxx

Thank you so much!

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Hiya biggerthanmybody and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:
Thank you very much. Will do!

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Get your GP to come out for a home visit . Take care Hun x

Thank you! Unfortunately I live in the US and there are no home visits here. :( That would be wonderful!!!