PDA

View Full Version : Breathing issues AGAIN!!

sebinkent
10-05-15, 10:33
Hi all,

Haven't posted on here for a long time as my HA almost disappeared for a couple of years but it's starting to come back! I had a cold which wasn't particularly bad but I have been left with a cough (I know this is normal after a cold) but I also feel short of breath. I have been through this before and it's what caused my initial spiral into anxiety hell back in 2011. I can't believe this is starting again. I had tests back in 2012 for asthma and had scans of my lungs and nothing sinister showed up. Can this all really be the power of my thoughts and fears yet again?

:weep:

Gary A
10-05-15, 12:41
Your cold may have went into your chest and spread a slight infection there. I don't think its at all concerning to be a little short of breath after a cold. There's also an issue of hyperventilating when you're overly anxious. This makes you feel short of breath, but actually, you're breathing too much. It's a vicious cycle as your brain thinks you're short of breath, you breathe more and this in turn leaves you feeling even shorter on breath.

Speak to your doctor about some breathing techniques.

sebinkent
10-05-15, 13:54
Thanks Gary,

Anxiety related breathing problems have been the bane of my life! Will sort out this chest infection and hopefully that will be the end of the problem..