PDA

View Full Version : Help Pain Behind Ear and Weird Feeling On Face

looking4answers
25-01-07, 01:07
Yesterday I noticed behind my ear about an inch out my scalp felt tender..This is the same place that I can feel it pulsing at night.I didn't worry about it too much but when I turned to my left side last night it hurt to lay on it..Its been a little tender today as well and I have had a like cold sensation like someone dropping a ice water drop on the top of my head on the left and the front of my face on the left has felt a little weird not numb or tingle just weird..Could it be just dry skin and perhaps a nerve back of my ear or could this be sign of tumor waiting to happen..I always get a weird feeling on the front left side of my face like dry skin not numbness or anything but now this tenderness has got me worried and the facial thing is adding to it. Is this pretty much all sound like anxiety or could it be something more worse?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Dreamer029
25-01-07, 01:33
i dont know if this helps at all but there are definitely nerves and arteries back there. there is the posterior auricular artery which is a branch of the external carotid artery, there are also branches of the 7th cranial (facial) nerve that reach back there. i doubt it is something wrong with either of these as the posterior auricular is usually pretty tiny and you probably wouldnt feel pulsing, and it would be very unlikely you have damage to your facial nerve...im sure it is the dry skin, try some vaseline on the area when you're home in the evening and see if that helps, try not to pick at it or keep touching it. if you get really uncomfortable see a doctor!

:-)
PM me if you need anything! i love to get messages!
Lauren