PDA

View Full Version : Tingling/numbness in face

Gambit1
10-05-15, 15:31
Yesterday I started feeling a slight tingling on my lower left cheek, it comes and it goes, I got worried because today I woke up and I felt it again, it just come and it goes all the time and for now it's only one part of the lower left cheek..
Does anyone else feel this? It's not really numb because I can feel it if I touch it
PS: I'm not sure now if it's a twitch or just tingling

Sam123
10-05-15, 15:42
I get this a lot had it on and off for about 7 years. Normally the left side of my face but sometimes it can be my scalp too, like you say a sort of tingling feeling but sometimes mine does go a bit numb. Not numb that i can't feel it at all but definitely a loss of sensation compared to other parts of my face. It can be scary especially the first time you get it. I've got used to it now, had numerous tests all fine, i know tight muscles in the face from either grinding your teeth in your sleep or biting down hard can cause it, stress and anxiety definitely adds to it.

When you feel it it's alarming so straight away we give it attention and importance which doesn't help with anxiety. I did the wrong thing of googling this symptom for a long time convincing myself of all sorts of horrible stuff, 7 years later i'm here and fine, i don't get it as often anymore.

Ditapage
12-05-15, 05:49
Yes I get it, drives me crazy. It's either around the top of my cheek and side of my head. The numb feeling for me is more like a pressure because numb isn't accurate, like you, I can still feel it. I suspect its improper breathing and tension.

MyNameIsTerry
12-05-15, 06:33
Since one of my main symptoms is the "buzzing" internal bees, I get a fair bit of tingling. Adrenaline in the extremities can cause this.

I also think with the sensitisation issue we are more prone to having them and noticed them far more.