PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and Worried

DanIam
10-05-15, 17:19
Hello.

I'm new here! I hope you all don't mind me posting. I don't do forums usually so I don't know how this works but I'm so happy their is many people like me!

I don't know if anyone can give me some advice/ tips on something that is really eating me up.

I'm claiming ESA due to my Depression, anxiety and Tritchtillomania.. (due to my stress and anxiety levels)

I've got an assement due on Wednesday at 11:00am and I can't stop thinking about it and I'm really torn up about it. I've heard so many horror stories and I just am on panic mode! I have been worrying about this non stop since I received my appointment three weeks ago. I've been waiting for this appointment for over a Year and now it's booked, I'm terrified.

I don't suppose any of you have been through this? I'm on Medication - Sertraline 200mg and Propranalol for anxiety attacks. I was enlisted into a mental health CBT group but I got too worried and nervous and did not attend due to my fears! Due to not attending, I was kicked out! :/ I hardly ever leave the house! I don't watch TV and I hardly ever use the PC at all! I can't even answer a phone!! Now my Tritchtillomania has gotten worse, I have really bad bald spots in my hair, I've lost all my confidence and my Mum has had to buy me a hat to wear for the assement!

I know it's gross but I don't even take care of myself anymore! I haven't been to a hairdresser forever a year due to not liking the social interaction so my bald spots from where I've been pulling are very visible! I have no friends now due to not leaving the house so I have no social interaction. If my parents have visitors to the house, I will go upstairs and hide away!

Most of my days, I spend sleeping due to my Medication. I don't have any interestin any of my hobbies any more and I feel like I'm trapped!

Anyways, sorry to go on and on. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me at all with tips, advice and re-assurance! :/

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it!

Kindest Regards,

Dan.

AthenaFaeyrn
10-05-15, 19:34
:hugs: Welcome Dan! Great to have you here! I am in a kind of similar position to you but I haven't even got to the stage where I can sigh on for benefits. I have it kind of the other way around: I'm fine going to the doctors, but when it comes to benefits, I can't even get past sorting it all out (filling out the forms, making the calls for it, etc). I am too terrified and still not well enough to do those things. I am mostly bed-ridden and have been for over a year now. I don't look after myself (I have about 1 or 2 showers a month, awful I know!) and have no social group. I'm sorry I'm not much help. I just wanted to hug you and tell you, you aren't alone in feeling the way you do about all of this benefits system stuff.

I am hoping, that maybe there is some kind of way that my dr (when she stops being ill herself! She's off work these days ugh) might be able to help me with this somehow. I posted a thread here before about my experience with benefits and got some very helpful responses from people who were trying to help.