PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get so nausteated they can't eat? For days/weeks?

Miche31
10-05-15, 19:08
Can anxiety do this to you? I'm in a state of panic for the last 3 weeks. I have had a lump in my throat and couldn't swallow very well so finally got to the Dr.;s She wanted to do the endoscopy but I freaked out like a baby and asked if the Barium Swallow will help and she said yes, but if it was something bad we would have to do the scope. So that is scheduled for tomorrow. Well in the back of my head I already feel like I will have to do the endoscopy because there is something wrong with why food is getting stuck....and I'm I a constant panic over this. I can't eat, the thought of food makes me sick. So now, I am scared I have stomach cancer, because I seriously am so nauseated. Even my Xanax doesn't help, just makes me so I don't care, then puts me to sleep for an hour. I just started Pristiq yesterday, so hopefully if it is nerves it will help, although this is the 3rd pill in a month they've tried. My body is so sensitive to their medicines. Please help?

mickmck
12-05-15, 12:24
Hi, quick answer, yes it can. I have lived with anxiety for years and sometimes have lump/tightness in throat for months then it goes but always comes back when I'm anxious. Anxiety affects different people in different ways, many symptoms feel weird. Personally, I get tingly, dizzy, go hot/cold, shaky, sweaty to name a few. I was on Sertraline to help my anxiety but came off last year, been struggling ever since. Hope the test went well.

fallingstar
14-05-15, 02:55
I can't even count how many times I've had that lump in my throat feeling. It's awful. It eventually goes away for me. I haven't had it extremely bad recently but there are years where it seemed to happen just about every week or month. I always drink protein shakes or smoothies, milkshakes etc when I have that sensation, with lots of water, as it goes down easier for me during those moments.

swajj
14-05-15, 03:43
Yes lump in the throat and loss of appetite are very very common anxiety symptoms.