PDA

View Full Version : Never had so many anxieties at once

Help1989
11-05-15, 01:52
Has anyone felt like their health anxiety is spiralling out of control?? It used to be that for a while I would obsess over a certain thing, then I found out what caused it and got it sorted and it would go away. Then I would move into the next obsession. However right now I'm obsessed over multiple things. I've been worrying about bowel cancer because of various (valid) things happening, although tests in the past and docs reassurance should have helped me realise it's not life threatening but I can't help worry when I still have symptoms.

I'm also petrified about skin cancer and my new moles that I'm sort of in limbo with... A watch and wait approach but 'probably nothing' says the doc.

What really gets me is that I can come up with a new panic within minutes sometimes. I feel like my brain sees is as a first response to anxiety... Anything I see or feel becomes life threatening and I imagine not living for another year. It's ruining my life now. I'm only 25.

I was getting ready for bed before and noticed a spot on my left breast. Rationally, I should think 'I've got little pimples on my chest and back at the moment due to adult acne, this seems like that' but all I can think of is 'this might be the start of inflammatory breadt cancer'!!! I'm sick of this. I went through the whole IBC panic a year ago and I was so so convinced and scared. The only thing with this is that there is pain right on this spot radiating around my breast. It's only startedin the last 2 hours. How do I calm myself and get some sleep???!!

Does anyone else panic over multiple things? How do you call yourself down when your health worries are valid?? I really hate my brain :(

JustJoe25
11-05-15, 03:01
Yes, yes, and yes! Before anytime I had anxiety once whatever worried me was over I felt better and then wasn't worried anymore and everything went back to normal. Now I've been worried about pancreatic cancer, liver disease, and bowel/colon cancer. I never imagined HA to be this hard to get over but I do feel I've made improvements however it's hard for me not to worry when I notice changes on my body, but everyday I am working towards overcoming my anxiety.

lyndau63
11-05-15, 23:46
Oh yes, it often happens to me when I am stressed. Or when I am excited and afraid that something will spoil what I am looking forward to

Help1989
14-05-15, 16:49
Thanks for replying! It's such a horrible feeling isn't it. Lyndau63, i'm the same. If I feel a bit positive towards something, my HA will rear its head and bring me down. For the past couple of days I've managed to forget about my worrying moles but today, when I woke up feeling good, it's almost as if my brain says 'remember those moles that are definitely cancerous... And that you've almost definitely got colon cancer!!' I wish there was a way to switch off completely .

lyndau63
14-05-15, 17:58
Yes I can sympathise. It is an awful feeling, being afraid of your own body all the time. Then you wake up and think "What should I be worrying about today".