PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong With Me, So Miserable

hazy
11-05-15, 09:17
I'm so worried but don't know really what to do?

Last week I felt unwell (Tuesday), shivery, temperature, sick etc. Went to the Doctor and there was traces of blood and white cells in my urine so was prescribed Trimepothrim, by the Friday the symptoms were still there and of course my anxiety was making things worse. My urine sample came back as normal but the Doctor changed me from Trimepothrim to Amoxicillin instead. I started to feel better, in fact on Saturday I felt realy good until 10pm then started to feel grim again, hot skin, shaky and generally awful, heart beating faster. Yesterday I went to an out of hours Medical Centre as symtoms coming and going, he checked my urine which was fine and so was my temperature, the Doctor was amazing and so sympathetic, understanding and listened and talked to me, he was brilliant. But my question is WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? Why am I feeling hot, why do I feel unwell, weak, hot etc? I'd love some reasurrance.

Thanks

lyndau63
11-05-15, 09:49
It does sound like UTI symptoms but you say your urine was okay. Maybe you are intolerant to the drugs they have given you. My husband always feels lousy when on Amoxicillin.

Gary A
11-05-15, 10:27
I think you're suffering panic attacks. A raised heart rate along with symptoms of nausea, feeling hot and shakiness all sound very much like a panic attack to me. You've probably had a UTI which has now subsided with the treatment, but you're now left with high anxiety and by the sounds of it, resulting panic attacks.

The fact your urine is now clear rules out a UTI. If it continues then see your doctor, the fact these symptoms are coming and going, in my view, rules out organic illness.

Davit
11-05-15, 19:02
I seem to remember Amoxacilin having those side effects.