PDA

View Full Version : I'm about at that giving up point guys..

hearthstone25
11-05-15, 14:42
I'm about to quit my job, break up with my fiancée, stop working out, rarely talk to my family or friends in person, and just lay in bed and do nothing.

So recently I started having heart palpitations as I'm falling asleep. The one where just as you're about to nod off it hits you and your body jolts.

This has been killing me. When it did this before a year ago I didn't have a job at the time. Now that I have my life back together that's including a fulltime job. I really don't know what to do. I cant function all day on just 4-5 hours asleep EVERY NIGHT. On that amount of sleep Im slurring my words, biting my tongue/lip, and generally can't be myself at all around anybody. Plus getting my work done the way I need to 9-5 is impossible.

I don't know what to do anymore. Im at that breaking point. I don't understand how can I have a normal life. Its only these damn jolts right now too that are just destroying me..... :(

jonjones
11-05-15, 14:49
Hi,

I have been exactly where you are. I used to have non-stop anxiety, racing mind, thumping heart, tension, sweats, OCD, loss of interest in everything. People around me would smile and joke but I couldn´t even smile.

Now thank god thats changed, now I have overcome my agoraphobia, stopped my meds, and am a lot more confident than most people I know. Can even chat up birds! :)

Dr Weekes methd has brought me this far. I understood what was happening to me, how I was sensitized, fatigued and how the symptoms I was experiencing were symptoms of stress but exagerrated, because I was so fatigued.

I learned to stop fighting against how I felt and to let go. To loosen up, to give up the tight hold I had agaisnt myself. It was easy, and I´m still not fully recovered, but now life is a lot easier.

I recommend you get some of Dr Weekes audios from amazon. Or read some of her books!

Best,

Jon

Davit
11-05-15, 18:19
I'm cured and because it feels damn good to be cured I've posted a ton of information on here how to do it. But you have to read it, and do it. And that is up to you. My offer stands that I will explain it if it seems hard to grasp, but I can't do the work for you. That you have to do and more important you have to "want to". And "have to" being negative you probably won't, and that I can't help you with.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Well I certainly can't recommend Dr weeks, I find her methodology out dated. But that is just me. Not a single self help book will help unless it is a book on how to change attitude and personality. That will continue to be a stumbling block to recovery no matter what therapy you use. It isn't therapy that doesn't work, it is people, therapy is only method.