PDA

View Full Version : Relapse- Swallowing Issues!

Sia
11-05-15, 17:09
Hi
I had a whole range of anxiety symptoms mainly dizzy/off balance couple of months back and I started to recover from it with homeopathy meds and reading books etc. My issues were pretty much under control.
However, now anxiety is back!! his time with Swallowing issue!
If I skip a meal or eat something after a long gap or like the other day I had some frozen food I find it hard to fall asleep. Mainly hard to swallow and my mouth gets dry. I gasp for breath. It becomes okay when i sleep. But since i have been thinking about it for past couple of days my mouth has been dry constantly. I try to sleep and immediately wake up with sudden jolt because I feel I cant swallow saliva or my breathing stopped for a nano sec.

Does anyone have this trouble swallowing saliva issue while sleeping? Will it go away? Why is it happning. Another instance when this usually happens to me when I am on flight during take-offs. Its here for sometime during take off and slowly starts to get better.

Sia
30-05-16, 07:16
hi people

Has anyone found any solution for this yet. This has come back again. Last time it was there for couple opf months and went off on its on but now its back again.

Josh1234
30-05-16, 18:00
As a rule of thumb, symptoms that go away and pop back up are normally not anything to be overly concerned with.

Alio
31-05-16, 19:36
Hi, I have terrible trouble with feeling like I can't swallow properly or feeling like I can't breathe deeply enough. I also get awful dizziness which is one of the hardest symptoms for me to cope with. It frightens me. I know it is anxiety, it usually happens the day after I have had a few alchoholic drinks or if i haven't slept well. But even though I know that it's anxiety I am constantly fighting with myself. So I know how you feel.

Beckybecks
31-05-16, 20:56
I get a dry mouth when I'm anxious. Always keep a bottle of water with me and take small sips to keep my mouth moist. I've had problems with swallowing in the past and I think it's quite a common anxiety symptom. When you accept this it gets easier. But until then keep sipping water and try not to focus on it because that's why it's happening.

Sia
01-06-16, 19:43
Thanks friends. Alio - Trust me dizziness is very common with anxiety I had it and I pushed myself to overcome it. Just accept it is anxiety and try to accept it. It will be gone..

Ok, so I tried to distract myself a lot and I feel much better, But somehow I feel tightness in chest and throat immediately after I eat.
Is that GERD or anxiety mimicking GERD?