PDA

View Full Version : Lump in thigh

firecracker777
11-05-15, 17:21
My HA has been at bay for a few months now. Yesterday it got kicked up a little. My husband mentioned a spot on his face yesterday which I believe was checked out at the dermatologist a few months ago so I had a brief moment of panic then told myself they would have seen it before so my fear subsided.

Later in the day I was with my mom and she recently had surgery done uterine fibroids. For a while she had been limping because her left leg would lock up and she would have pain. The doctor told her the fibroids were probably pressing on a nerve. So they were removed and I believe the pain was relieved for a little bit but it seems like recently she's walking funny again. She said nothing hurts but its a habit. I am not sure I believe that but then she mentioned she has a lump in her leg. Its on the outer side and kind of felt like an egg. It felt sort of like it was park of the muscle. Like if you ran your hand down it was all connected. I didn't press on it too much to see how hard or soft it was or if it was movable. She said theres another one lower but didn't point out where.

My dad said he thinks its something with the muscle but I dont think it could be a torn muscle or anything since she's not very active. We recently did a (half) 5k and it seemed like her leg was bothering her. She was having issues getting in and out of the car in the past but blames it on the fibroids.

I googled leg lump...for some reason I didnt think every result was going to be about cancer/sarcomas. I didn't even know that was a thing. I know about lipomas and cysts which is what I was expecting to get or maybe some sort of muscle issue. I didn't realize thigh lumps were so serious and this has just spun my anxiety out of control. I told her yesterday to have that checked and she said she would bring it up when she goes back for her follow up for the fibroids since they are paying off the bills from that. I think she should call and make a doctors appointment today!