PDA

View Full Version : the worst day of my life

seh1980
06-09-04, 20:46
hello everyone,

This doesn't really have anything to do with anxiety but I thought I'd tell you all anyway. Ed and I went to the computer shop today to buy what we needed to set up a home network so that we could both be on the internet at the same time. Well, we came home all excited and started to set it up. The next thing we know...my computer has basically died on me and is now not working at all. I called a PC helpline and have been told that Windows has been corrupted. The technician took me through a process that would retrieve all the info but it didn't work. So...everything on my computer has been erased including....Yes, my 20,000 word dissertation that is due in 3 weeks!!![V] what a nightmare!!!
I'm going to take my laptop to PC World tomorrow and hope for a miracle. Please keep your fingers crossed for me peeps!!

Sarah

sarah
06-09-04, 21:00
Oh no hon

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you !!!!!!

hope it goes well

love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
06-09-04, 21:08
Sarah

Poor you - what a nightmare!!!

I take it you didn't have a backup on floppy or anything?

They will be able to recover it - they can do miracles now. Pity you don't live close to me cos Alex would have been able to get it back for you I expect.

Please, once you get it back - get a copy ok?

Nicola

Peter
06-09-04, 21:08
Hey Sarah,

That is such a bummer. I'm not really a techie person but it did happen to me before also at work, dropped my coffee all over my PC, thought I was for the chop, but as it turned out they were able to retrieve everything. It's quite amazing what they can do and what gets saved in the background, protected. Don't worry till the techs have had a look.
/Peter

seh1980
06-09-04, 22:14
hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for your support - really needed in this day of horror!

Anxiety - what anxiety?? LOL

No Nic, I hadn't saved it anywhere else - pretty silly of me, huh? Just wasn't expecting this to happen. Oh well, I know for the future now.

Sarah

Merlinssister
06-09-04, 22:58
Oh no! Nightmare. Hope it all works out.

pips
07-09-04, 01:05
What A real bummer hey Sarah,

Good luck and I really hope they get it back for you!

Let us know! Fingers crossed for you!

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

tara
07-09-04, 08:39
What a bloody nightmare. Hope they can do something for you ...............Tara xxx

Laurie28
07-09-04, 09:34
Fingers crossed for you - hope they can get back your files - Let us know

Lucky

seh1980
07-09-04, 13:29
hello again everyone,

Well, a technician is coming over tomorrow afternoon to try to retrieve my files for me. He told me not to be too hopeful as it sounds like my whole harddrive has been wiped. I'm just gonna pray...

Sarah

sal
07-09-04, 23:40
Hi Sarah

Sorry there was me twisting to you about me and this has happened to you.

So sorry and i hope he can get it all back.

You must be so down and annoyed about it. Cant blame you hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
08-09-04, 21:54
hello there again everyone,

here's an update on my computer problem. a technician came today and spent an hour on my laptop and then told me that there was no way that my documents could be retrieved and that I needed to buy a new laptop cos mine was knackered even though it's only a year old:(

well, i spoke to my dad and he told me that there must be a way of retrieving my files so ed found an ad in the yellow pages for me. I called the guy and he was really nice and told me i could bring my laptop over right away so i did. He just called me and told me that he has retrieved all my files for me and that my laptop should be fine!![Yeah!]

I won't really believe it till i see my dissertation in front of me but hey, i'm pretty happy!!:) i feel like ringing up the first guy and asking for my money back..lol

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
08-09-04, 22:09
see!! told u they can do it. The people at pc world are useless!

I hope PC World give u the money back!!!!!!

It can be done - I had faith from the start didnt I - sorry you got ripped off by them saying they couldnt!

Let us know ok?

Nicola

sal
08-09-04, 23:08
Hi Sarah

Know i have spoken to you but so please you have got all your work back.

Ed hope you feel better soon hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
08-09-04, 23:23
Hi Sarah

So glad you got your dissertation back, hope u and Ed are ok.

Take care

Elaine xxx

seh1980
09-09-04, 00:15
hello everyone,

Once again, thanks for all your support!! I had pretty much given up all hope and am happy to know that I'll be getting all my work back!!

Meg
09-09-04, 17:29
Hi,

So glad you've got all your very hard and precious work back .

Do push to get your money back .

Meg

seh1980
09-09-04, 18:56
hello again everyone,

Well, it's true - I have ALL my work back!!! and my computer is fixed and in good working order so I don't have to buy a new one like the first technician told me!! I called him and am getting my money back - [Yeah!]

nomorepanic
09-09-04, 21:24
Nice one!!!

So pleased.

What are you going to do now .....

BACK IT UP

LOL

So pleased for u

Nicola

twister
09-09-04, 21:49
Sarah, so glad you got your work back - I was feeling anxious about it all!

NOW SAVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE TOO!!!!!!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

seh1980
09-09-04, 22:58
Yes, It is now saved in 2 places!!! LOL

I have definetly learnt my lesson!!