PDA

View Full Version : infected finger

Worried 24/7
11-05-15, 17:29
Hi all...haven't been on in a very long time. My finger is currently apparently infected. ..I've been soaking with Epsom salt and it feels slightly better and now I'm trying a charcoal poultice which I'm sure will draw out the push (past experience ). But my self hurts which I'm thinking is my lymph node from the infection (normal? ) and different spots of that whole arm seem sore so now I'm scared the infection has spread through my whole arm....any thoughts? ?

countrygirl
11-05-15, 18:09
Not wanting to scare you but to be on the safe side if your finger is infected and swollen and there swelling into your hand or a red line from you finger up your arm then you need to go to hospital asap as this means the infection is in your bloodstream. I am guessing its nowhere near as bad as this but my son had this in his foot with a red line up his leg and needed a week of iv antibiotics and nearly lost his foot so this makes me rather paranoid when people mention cellulitis/infection.

Otherwise then hot poultices, salty water or neat tea tree oil have all been successful for me in the past.

Worried 24/7
12-05-15, 12:53
I've been doing the Epsom salt soaks and two charcoal poultices yesterday...my finger seems maybe a little better but now there's a white irritated spot on the finger pad. Can the charcoal cause this? Or Maybe from the moisture all night? Plus there's still that painful armpit node :(

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

And I see no red streaks

Worried 24/7
15-05-15, 12:49
Now my finger is looking better but I'm having random pains in different areas and Now I'm getting sharp Pains in my big toes. I'm a hair dresser and I'm hoping it's from standing working the other day but it's freaking me out :(