PDA

View Full Version : hi I'm back with some good news !!!

crazymum25
12-05-15, 20:05
Too everyone who has been supportive thank you I've been in a horrible place still there but I have found that emda or emdr councelling has really helped me its too do with your eyes and brain please look about it its costly but I've had two sessions so far so good feeling good ..... I've laughed and even slept ... I hope I'm getting better apparently two more sessions I'll be helped greatly I recommend it highly much better than cognitive therapy crap .... Please look

swgrl09
12-05-15, 20:19
I'm glad you have found something that has worked for you. I've done emdr too and found it helpful.

Davit
12-05-15, 20:33
And helpful is the word, read the literature again and you will see it is the top coping skill for PTSD, but the key word there is coping. It is done with CBT. That CBT crap is still if it is the real thing the only cure. CBT entails a lot of coping skills as part of it and if you have PTSD then EMDR is you coping skill of choice.

But the choice is yours right. If you are happy with coping then that is what you need. Coping is little better than taking pills every day. People do though and are happy just to be able to get through the day, or night as might be. There is still a better way.

crazymum25
12-05-15, 20:40
I'm not saying CBT doesn't work I've never tried it but I've only had one emdr session feeling ok I was laughing in the session now just really sleepy I laughed after he done the eye movements when I was in the rest period it seemed like I just had too so I did then now I'm just tired x

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

I have health anxiety not PTSD

Davit
12-05-15, 20:47
Don't rule out PTSD (trauma) as the basis of your HA. PTSD hides itself very well.

I'm not knocking EMDR, I read your posts and am glad for anyone who can find relief, how ever they do it. I went the full cognitive reconstruction route and have no anxiety or panic attacks anymore. It was a lot of work though.

crazymum25
12-05-15, 21:08
I don't know but I gave it ago ... Its ok so far the however I'm paying privately NHS takes so long for refer all

Sam123
12-05-15, 21:43
This is good to hear :)

Keep feeling positive

swgrl09
12-05-15, 22:05
My therapist at the time explained that EMDR, although originally created for trauma, is now being used successfully for other issues too, including anxiety. We targeted trauma and my anxiety, which were interrelated, although I had anxiety prior to the trauma.

crazymum25
12-05-15, 22:08
Well I felt more relaxed

lyndau63
12-05-15, 23:26
Great news. I am pleased for you.:)

KeeKee
13-05-15, 08:34
That's good to hear. I've never heard of it, but having tried CBT twice, unsuccessfully, I am desperate for something else. I have no money though so will have to rely on the NHS and wherever they decide to send me next.

Enoughalready!
13-05-15, 14:05
Good to hear! Keep it up!

crazymum25
13-05-15, 16:25
Did it work for you