PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody

cadburystray
12-05-15, 22:24
Firstly, I would like to say, what a great relief to have found this site.

I am suffering quite bad at the moment. I firstly suffered panic attacks over 25 years ago after having my first daughter. I educated myself on what they were, what caused them etc and pleased to say that ever since then have managed to be in control of them.

I have worked in mental health services and have qualifications in counselling so over the years have been able to help other people with anxiety/panic etc. I am also trained in reflexology, massage etc, so a huge shock for me when the panic and anxiety hit me again.

I think the worst panic attacks are coinciding with my periods so am quite sure I could be menopausal. They are just horrendous and uncontrollable. I spend the whole day worrying or thinking about dying or that I have some awful disease.

Currently, life is stressful. I am 49, my husband is in prison and I have 2 young children aged 8 and 6. My 8 year old daughter has Downs syndrome and has been let down badly by the education system so I have that constant battle on my hands. I have just moved house and have no family or friends for support. Now the panic attacks and anxiety I have returned I feel more alone than ever.

I feel privileged to have come across this site. I had a huge panic attack in the middle of last night and ended up calling the doctor. I still felt ill today but fortunately discovered this site this afternoon. I was quickly reminded of a few old tricks I had forgotten. I got in the car, belted out some tunes whilst on my way to pick up some valerian and Bach flower remedies. All the while I was training my thoughts to think positive and remember I was well.

I know I can get through this and even more so now I have found a site like this for support.

Cad

venusbluejeans
12-05-15, 22:31
Hiya cadburystray and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zeldagirl
13-05-15, 00:05
Hello :) sorry you are suffering right now. It is nice to talk to people who can relate. I am fairly new myself but have suffered for years with anxiety and panic. I hope you are feeling better soon :)

fallingstar
13-05-15, 02:18
Sorry that you're feeling this way. The positive attitude and doing things that have helped you in the past such as the things you mentioned you were driving to pick up, they will all get you far in being able to cope with panic attacks. I feel like when I'm positive I'm much better off. The last few days I've been have multiple panic attacks (after not having any just about, for almost a week), so I know how you feel. It's good that you've come across this site. It has immensely helped me since July of last year and has changed my life forever. There are lots of amazing people here. And any time I am feeling or thinking something, if I search for it in the search box, I tend to find an answer 9/10 times or a similar story - that is so comforting.

Have a great week! :D And welcome.

cadburystray
13-05-15, 23:02
Thank you x x