PDA

View Full Version : How to work when you have anxiety and panic attacks?

Txxxrho
13-05-15, 09:09
I have severe anxiety, all day.. Everyday. The longest I've held a job is a few months. It's so hard for me to work with my anxiety disorder, panic attacks, depression. I'm having such a hard time finding a job that I can actually handle. I live in Virginia and I applied for disability but that's a long shot and I don't want to live off that for my whole life anyway. I really don't know what to do. Honestly, I'm up right now at 4 in the morning can't sleep. Extremely paranoid about this situation going on in my life and am expecting the worst thing to happen to me.. So working is like the last thing on my mind but I'm so tired of being so poor and not being able to support myself. I'm 22 and I just want to be a normal 22 year old but can't work or afford school or anything. Any advice?

vicky23
13-05-15, 10:25
Bless you, I've been in this situation and it sucks! The thing that got me in a place where I was able to apply for the job I'm in now (only part time in a shop but it's something) is therapy. I got it through our healthcare system but I understand things are different in the US so the next best thing would be to go to your library and get all the books they have.
Also there are some useful free podcasts on youtube for relaxation. Search for progressive muscle relaxation exercise and you'll find loads.
Hope you find some relief