PDA

View Full Version : Massive milestone

Avasmummy_x
13-05-15, 19:33
Today I walked to the park with my daughter and dog ( about half an hour ) there and back alone!! This is massive for me as I suffer bad agrophobia and haven't left my house alone in months I always have to have another adult with me.

You think I'd be buzzing! But I'm not. Well I was. But tonight I'm feeling so low.

How can I do something so amazing yet be sad!

But on the plus. Pregabablin must be doing something as since before Christmas I have just become a hermit in fear lol. X

Davit
13-05-15, 22:14
Congratulations.

I had the same thing till I realized the sadness came from wanting to do something so bad yet still using the thought that I had to do it, I had to get better. I have since learned just how negative "have to" is and what a deterrent it is. I think that if you forget you need to fix this and just fix it by wanting to and by calibrating your success and it is a success, they start off small that it will go on it's own. Wishing you pleasure in your next outing.

SarahH
14-05-15, 08:22
Well done!!!! Remember recovery is about "baby steps".

Are you still on pregabalin? I thought you had stopped taking it.

Sarah

swgrl09
14-05-15, 12:23
I'm really happy for you :)

Avasmummy_x
14-05-15, 17:31
My doctor kept me on it Sarah x

SarahH
14-05-15, 18:47
Well keep at it x

Avasmummy_x
14-05-15, 18:54
I am it does help I am realising that now...just very up and down at the mo that's why I think maybe I am starting with depression too xx

SarahH
15-05-15, 09:33
Well its just my opinion but if you can see a light at the end of the tunnel then you are in recovery. But it is a bumpy road.....:hugs:

Sarah

hanshan
15-05-15, 09:47
Keep at it Avasmummy, and remember you always have friends at NMP you can talk with (at least in writing).

MyNameIsTerry
15-05-15, 09:56
This is how it starts AV, it will be up & down but it won't be as far down as when you started or even a while back on your journey once you get a lot further forward.

After big things like this we can feel a bit emotionally drained so that might be why you felt low. See what happens from here to determine if there is any depression.

Well done!!! :woof