PDA

View Full Version : Triggered a wee bit tonight

Logan_Five
13-05-15, 20:08
Anxiety is up a bit tonight - first time in about a week. Reasons being....Had a phone-call this morning, off a lass that I used to go to school with - she was in tears. Cut a long story short, I know she has been going through a tough time of recent, which hasn't been helped by a really bad break to her arm, which she's already had 2 operations with a 3rd due next week. She sounded in a bad way, so I went to see her. She spilled her guts and she's been through a much tougher time than I thought - mainly because she hadn't told anyone (bar myself today) I managed to convince her to ring the CAT team in Newcastle, and she spoke to them for 30mins. They have given her a plan on how to tackle her illness. Something which she hasn't been doing - she's been withdrawing and self-medicating with booze.

It's affected me a bit, as the distress that I saw she was in, reminded me of how I was when I talked to her over the last few months (she listened to me, when I was in a bad place) I'm glad that she's chosen to seek help and I hope she sees it through. Told her that I'll support her as much as I can.

Been thinking since - it's funny how many people I have helped when they've been through awful times of crisis. My step-son (self-harming, suicidal thoughts), my father-in-law when he was sectioned (he's bi-polar), another female friend who has on going problem with psychosis. Supporting me step-daughter and step-son-in-law when they lost their first born to cot death. If anything, it re-afirms to me what I'm good at - but it's still hard to see people when they are unwell. Particularly, those I care about.

I think over the last week, I've been getting a bit ahead of myself (because the anxiety tailed off) Talking about getting back to work, etc - which is good, but it's reminded me that there is still work to be done and I must not complacent. As Dr Claire Weekes says, blips are to be expected as part of recovery. I'm not totally better yet!

Logan_Five
14-05-15, 17:30
Had a crappy night's sleep, despite taking a 10mg Temazepam (first one for about 10 days) So as a result, anxiety has been a bit up today. Managed to catch up on a couple of hours sleep this morning, once I'd done school run - took 2mg Diazepam to take edge off and I've done some relaxation after dinner.

Think it was just worrying about my friend which has triggered me. Since heard off her - she's now in the local hospital as the pain from her arm became just too much (worse than childbirth, she said) At least she is in best place.

As for me - hoping for a better sleep tonight. Gonna take the pooch out for a wander once tea is done.