PDA

View Full Version : Spots causing raised glands?

Jem27
25-01-07, 12:54
I have 2 nasty pimple type spots on my chin, they are sooooo big & sore, it even hurt to talk the other night.

Since I have had them ive had raised glands, one which is going down but now another has come up, its so sore and quite big. Both have been in my jaw/under my chin. Is it more than likely that its my spots causing it?

I have felt quite windy and sickly the last 2 days, worrying as usual that ive something nasty because im tired and have raised glands.[}:)]

seeker
25-01-07, 13:37
Almost undoubtably your spots have caused the raised glands! The fact one has gone down already suggests your body is simply doing what it is supposed to!

Jem27
25-01-07, 19:19
Thank you Seeker.

Tonight I also feel abit ill, very full head and washed out, my kids are all full of cold so now ive got it coming, lol.

seeker
25-01-07, 19:53
Yep, i would say your glands are an early warning system, too - it's good that they are raised believe it or not, as it means your body is working properly!! If you have young kids, yoare probably always fighting off random bugs, so your glands will be up and down a lot. i am atecher and haven't felt completely well for years!

Jem27
25-01-07, 22:36
Thanks Seeker,

My glands do get raised alot but im rarely ill so thats probably why.

Coni
26-01-07, 07:24
Hi Jem,

my husband gets a raised gland in his neck every now and again...so big you can actually see it....he also suffers from dry irritated skin on his face and scalp and our GP said thats why the gland was swelling. It was very scary the first time we noticed it though (...but then I am a real drama queen where my familys health is concerned lol!)

Hope you're doing ok?

luv Coni X