PDA

View Full Version : Lump on back of neck mystery

Iamnervous
13-05-15, 22:57
Hello,

I have had a lump on the back of my neck or a swollen lymph node for a couple years now. I keep showing it to doctors and receiving "Yes, I feel that" and then when I ask if we can like...see what it is I get "let me know if it's still there in a while" or "you don't want too much radiation you have already had a ct scan this year."

Well, I, of all people don't want too much radiation so he officially shut down my wish for an ultrasound. However, I am quite bothered by this lump. Unsure which bothers me more, that it aches sometimes or that when it aches I think "cancer?!" haha. Finally got my doctor to see me about it specifically however I doubt he'll want to test it.

Part of me thinks "cool, it can't be that sinister if he doesn't want to test it" and part of me thinks "or what if it's cancer progressing through stages and we're missing it?!" Cause you know, I'm posting here.

Thoughts? Demand a test and get more radiation? Ignore potential cancer/tumor? Take a xanax and watch Netflix?

I wish it would go away.

:scared15:

Fishmanpa
13-05-15, 23:03
The Xanax and Netflix sounds cool to me! :D

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. If it were sinister, you'd be very sick or not with us by now.

Positive thoughts

percythetrain
14-05-15, 01:17
Hi Iamnervous, I'm having the same issue. I'd been having postural issues with my neck for a while and now there is a lump/knot in the back of it. I have also been having some other symptoms so I'm pretty worried but hoping it's just skeletal. I hope they can help you. If you have access to a rheumatologist that would probably be the best. I'm going to try and get an appointment with one.