PDA

View Full Version : Inderal/Beta Blockers

Iamnervous
13-05-15, 23:12
I went to the fanciest of heart centers in Beverly Hills and half expected my doctor to arrive on a hover board. She did not but she was really awesome. She basically memorized my full medical history, recent ct scan, and all blood work and didn't once say "you have 'blank' because of anxiety go home." So, I it was nice not to be dismissed. She is specifically studying women's heart health and young women with chest pain that don't have things like clogged arteries or obvious problems structurally. Her and I both agree that the pain is stress and both understand that xanax doesn't erase the pain shooting down my left arm and I am SO glad. She gave me a 24 line to call so I don't keep giving all my money to the ER because I called my number on my insurance card and legally they have to tell me to go. She wants me to take a tiny dosage of Inderal when I get the symptoms. She said she's seen a lot of women my age (27) be perfectly in shape but still go through what I'm going through as a "phase" and says a few years later forget about it and never be bothered by it again. I loved all of that. I am scheduled for a follow up in 6 weeks. I am only supposed to take the Inderal as I take my xanax as needed-not daily. However I read the side effects and an article that make me want to quickly throw the beta blockers out the window. Right now I'm only dealing with benign chest pain. I don't want to drop dead or have a heart attack because I took these pills for a small reason.

Super sad to read the side effects. I loved the doctor and I don't want her to think I don't trust her but also...they seem so risky.