PDA

View Full Version : What is life like after recovery?

HelpMePlease14
14-05-15, 03:05
Going through hell right now... Was wondering if anybody could give stories as to how far they have come. Im just basically looking for help through this by hearing other people who have been where I am. I feel lonely in the real world I live in because people generally dont understand.

Davit
14-05-15, 03:17
Life after recovery is good but since it is how life is supposed to be it isn't always spectacular. I hope that doesn't disappoint you. But there will be no anxiety or panic attacks. How spectacular you make your life without then is attitude so it may be spectacular since without a positive attitude you can not recover.

swajj
14-05-15, 03:39
Life after recovery returns your mind to a state where normal bodily sensations are not even noticed. Life before recovery has us not only noticing normal bodily functions but focusing on them and misinterpreting them as signs of a sinister disease. A headache which we once assigned to being tired or tense suddenly becomes a symptom of the brain tumour we know we have. The worst part (for me anyway) is that once we make that connection the pain becomes worse and worse. As a consequence we become more convinced that we have a brain tumour.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

This applies to all the illnesses we think we have, not just brain tumours.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Just another thought. Over the years I have seen many members come and go. Some past members still come here but most don't. I always like to think that they no longer visit here because they have overcome their HA. I believe that once I overcome mine I will no longer feel the need to come here. Ill be too busy "living" my life instead of being obsessed with my health. That's what my psych said anyway and it makes sense.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

So davit - notice you are a very new and regular poster. If you don't mind me asking if it wasn't HA that brought you here then what was it? I'm just curious.

Davit
14-05-15, 04:50
The title, No more panic. More wish than fact isn't it. I followed a friend. She doesn't have HA either. The site I was on had one HA sufferer who was banned for being disruptive. The moderators were not qualified to make that decision.
I'm interested in anxiety, I don't care what letter is before it Cognitive restructuring doesn't care either.

swajj
14-05-15, 04:56
Well you give me hope. I've always been a fairly positive thinker but my HA sometimes gets me down to the point that I started to wonder if complete recovery was really possible.

Davit
14-05-15, 05:10
I think it is so much so I'm willing to have anyone challenge me. Cognitive reconstruction has well researched principles based on how the brain actually works not on how we want it too. I watered it down in my threads, it actually is a lot more complicated and technical on the internet.I have a rule for the internet, seek conformation. Never accept one opinion.
That includes mine. Look for collaboration, it is there.