PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/feeling detached

AnxietyAdam28
14-05-15, 03:39
Hi im new to this forum i have been suffereing with anxiety on and off for the last 7 years my anxiety seems to come in phases but right now its the worst it has ever been i feel to scared to walk the shop because i get constant jelly legs and i always feel like passing out although i never do but out of all the symptoms feeling detached/disassociated is my worst it's like i feel constantly not there like im not connected to my body can anybody tell me why we devolep this symptom thanks for any feedback ps sorry for my bad spelling:yesyes:

xvolatileheart
14-05-15, 10:31
Hi Adam! Welcome.

The symptoms page has some really good info: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

Also if you have a look at the Depersonalisation/Derealisation forum, there are lots of us there who can relate to your symptoms. You can find some useful threads in there.

Hope this helps. This place has been a lifesaver for me.

wcb123
19-05-15, 17:59
I sympathise. Have this as well about 80pc of the day and it keeps making me think im going to stop bre3athing which usually leads to panic attacks of varying degrees. The only time i don't have it is first thing in the morning, straight after the gym or when i am drunk in the evening (which is obviously not good).

Its funny because i never noticed this feeling until i came off some citilopram i was on a couple of years ago for bereavement.

This depersonalisation sensation feels like im high on a bunch of drugs except i dont do any (except alcohol). It also makes me look dumber than i am because of the slowness/confusion.

Every day is a struggle because of this and multiple periods of rest are required each day because of the resulting tiredness.

Is there a plausible explanation for it in relation to health anxiety?