PDA

View Full Version : Lump above my Adams apple...

HelpMePlease14
14-05-15, 09:13
Found a small but hard lump above my Adams apple. It was moveable about a week and a half ago but now its not. I also have jaw pain, dry mouth and a sore throat and have had that for weeks.

Finding this lump was the worst thing that could have happened to me right now.

Has anyone else had this?

Gary A
14-05-15, 09:18
May just be as enlarged lymph node due to a throat infection. If it's worrying you then have your doctor check it out.

HelpMePlease14
14-05-15, 09:36
May just be as enlarged lymph node due to a throat infection. If it's worrying you then have your doctor check it out.

No insurance at the moment. Times like this make me wish I lived in the UK so I could see a GP.

If cancer doesn't kill me, HA will.

Fishmanpa
14-05-15, 12:29
No insurance at the moment. Times like this make me wish I lived in the UK so I could see a GP.

If cancer doesn't kill me, HA will.

But you posted you went to the ER 4 times in 4 days. If you can afford that, you certainly can afford a standard GP visit and/or therapy (which typically costs 10X LESS than the ER).

Positive thoughts

HelpMePlease14
29-05-15, 22:44
OK, so I finished a course of antibiotics and my throat is still very red and still feels as if something is lodged by my Adams apple. There are still two lumps by my Adams apple and I have pain behind my collar bone so I assume one is there as well but I can't feel it. I also found a serious of small lumps on my inner thigh/groin area and these are the size of a small bean but there are several... Not sure if those are nodes or not.

Still freaking out here. Any insight from anyone?

Gary A
30-05-15, 00:35
They are nodes, we all have them and the neck, groin and underarm area is where they're most prominent. Seriously, stop looking for these things, you'll find them and they'll only serve to make you more anxious.