PDA

View Full Version : New-struggling with HA and physical symptoms

ready_to_live
14-05-15, 14:22
Hello everyone
Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been lurking on here for the last few weeks. This site has been very helpful to me. I literally broke down in tears reading the symptoms post on the main page in the middle if an anxiety attack as I realised I had about 95% of the symptoms.

I am 33 year old mother of 3 children I have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was a teenager, age 18 I did a course of cbt which helped a lot with the intrusive thoughts/anxiety I had. Age 23 I went on citalopram for depression after my first daughter was born. I stopped this 4 years later when I became pregnant with my second.

I developed pre eclampsia at the end of my 3rd pregnancy, my blood pressure shot up dramatically after my baby was born and I was on anti hypertensives for 6 weeks. I become incredibly anxious and obsessed with my Bp (I'm a midwife and sometimes too much knowledge is a very bad thing!) I bought a home Bp monitor and would constantly check Bp. Once my Bp went back to normal my anxiety decreased for a few weeks/months.

However instarted to become plagued with physical problems first was severe headaches I have always suffered with them but they started to become chronic where I would have them everyday I became convinced I had a brain tumor I'm currently awaiting mri gp doesn't think its anything serious. Also 2 months ago developed pain and tightness in chest with palpations so I went to a&e they thought I had a pulmonary embolism as my hr was staying high. Eventually I was discharged after ecg blood tests and chest xray clear.

Now I suffer everyday with various symptoms the headaches have actually improved quite a bit so now my focus has shifted to cardiac pulmonary problems. I feel the physical effects of anxiety on and off all day long now with tight chest and throat shortness of breath and racing hearbeat. I have also started to wake up early in the morning about 5am feeling racing heart anxious feeling and unable to return to sleep. The times im not feeling these symptoms l feel ok for the most part. But I'm unable to tolerate these symptoms anymore and have realised I need help. I am going to see my GP (for the millionth time in the last few months) and ask for help.

Does anyone have any experience with taking medication to combat HA and physical symptoms? I'm wondering if an ssri would help with this as the feeling of not being able to breath properly is so frightening.

So sorry for rambling on but I needed to get it all out!

venusbluejeans
14-05-15, 14:27
Hiya ready_to_live and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: